The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Let us head west, while keeping our eyes to the south. Perhaps we will spot the Blue Palace before sundown." said Dubi Gan, hopefully. He had tried swallowing a bite, but he found it painful. He decided to save his ration for later.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Let us head west, while keeping our eyes to the south. Perhaps we will spot the Blue Palace before sundown." said Dubi Gan, hopefully. He had tried swallowing a bite, but he found it painful. He decided to save his ration for later.
OOC: Just to be sure - you were headed north east before, do you mean west?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Morning in the old city.

The party is lost, sort of.

You have found a landmark - the creek - so you aren't 100% lost. However, you aren't exactly sure where along on the creek you are, or exactly what direction you were going when you hit it (besides "north ish") You decided to follow it west (well, west ish) by turning left (away from the city, towards the jungle). The creek meanders a bit back and forth but after about 30 minutes you realize that you have hit a 45 degree bend. However, according to Dubi Gan's map, the creek was roughly straight...

Do you press on west anyway?

(I will include both the old map and a new, partial one).

Attachments

• Troika Map 4.png
    Troika Map 4.png
    269.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Troika Map 5.png
    Troika Map 5.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 83

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"It is true that my research had the river flowing west-to-east," said Dubi Gan, unconcerned, "But we should assume that it does so overall, and yet not all the time. I suggest that we press on. I am certain that it will meander southward soon enough."

wingilbear

Explorer
works for me. However let’s take merely a moment to investigate this river bend just a little. Anything special about the creek bend? Anything we can see in the water or along the bank?

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"It's a river," Pinpehlu says with a shrug. "It does what it pleases, unconcerned with the troubles of men. It does help with transporting stuff, though," he smiles.

If Frog Froth starts examining the river, the porter sits himself down in a sunny spot and helps himself to some food from his pack.

OOC: Provisions 4/6

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The party takes a short break (does anyone else wants to take a provision? Now is your time! @FitzTheRuke is your stamina current? you took a lot of damage...)

The morning is remarkably peaceful. You come upon a tranquil, but perhaps suspiciously so, scene:

An old woman sitting under a tree, is having some tea (you can small kettle under a tiny fire). Her staff, which seemed to have originated as a small uprooted tree, is leaning against a wall. She has a long nose and wears a cloak made of rusted iron plate.

(you can roll awareness if you wish)

She says, in decent Trade Tongue: Aaah, visitors. I get so few these days. What brings you to these parts?

(art by Matthew Adams)

Attachments

• mother rust.jpg
    mother rust.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 94

Remove ads