The Hunt for the Blue Palace (Yoon Suin/Troika!)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Dubi Gan wheezed, clutching his throat. He had half a mind to murder the hermit, but his pathetic response to a minor sword-wound softened the scholar's wrath. He stood back to listen while trying to swallow.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The hermit bleeding and snivelling, haltingly explains

" I was seeking enlightenment! I had found this grand master, and I begged him to teach me. But he only spoke in riddles and evaded my question. I knew this was a test, so I kept asking. For 5 years I followed him, asking 100 questions every day. Finally he told me the secret - I had to meditate non-stop for 3 years, away from civilization. I made this meditation pole. I snatched birds from the sky and drank rainwater as sustenance. In 27 more days I was going to reach enlightenment... but now it's all ruined"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"Rest assured, that man was a charlatan." said Dubi Gan with a rasp, "We just saved you from wasting 27 more days of your life in pointless pursuit."

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"Pointless?!? But it is our duty to become enlightened, so that we may escape the wheel of resurrection! Or at the very least be reborn in a higher form..."

Turning to the slugman he added "Master Di Pit... why do you ask?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"I do not fault your intent," said Dubi Gan, his voice coming back, "But I question your methods. Enlightenment is found in the pursuit of knowledge and experiences, not in sitting around pissing yourself. Your master was trying to get rid of you after five years of annoying prattle."

Dubi Gan was proud of his statement on enlightenment. His tutors had told him that, but he wasn't sure he really believed it. Maybe he was finally starting to learn...

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
The hermit jumped to his feet. "you... you have opened my eyes! I see it clearly now, it all makes sense! Truth, meaning, it's all fallen into place! I know my purpose in life now... to kill Di Pit!"

He bowed deeply to you. "Thank you for your wisdom. My soul is as light as a feather now, and I shall strike like a hawk!"

The party pushed on (with, possibly, a ration break, once Dubi Gan manages to swallow that is, up to the player :) ) and after another 15 minutes, reached the creek. You aren't really sure where you are anymore... but at least you found a landmark! What direction do you go?

Remove ads