• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
"If I think something sucks, I want to post about it. What I dont want, is for folks to say it doesn't. I mean, its fine if you think that, but please don't post it."
See, but I don't think it sucks, and I won't rest until I've convinced you that it doesn't suck, either! Because I CAN'T BE WRONG I JUST CAN'T EVELYN SHUT UP SHUT UP I CAN'T HEAR YOU IN MY HEAD

ahem As I was saying...

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
CleverEggNog

Ingredients
1 gallon of your favorite French vanilla ice cream
2 cups, more or less, of your favorite dark rum, brandy, or bourbon
Milk, maybe.
Ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or cloves

Instructions
Melt the ice cream in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Pour the melted ice cream into a chilled punch bowl.
Stir in your liquor of choice; I recommend a decent mid-shelf bourbon.
Top with nutmeg, cinnamon, clove.
Serve.

Tips
Too sweet? Add some milk (or more liquor)
Too rich? Add milk.
Too much? Give your keys to someone and call a cab.

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
CleverEggNog

Ingredients
1 gallon of your favorite French vanilla ice cream
2 cups, more or less, of your favorite dark rum, brandy, or bourbon
Milk, maybe.
Ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and/or cloves

Instructions
Melt the ice cream in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Pour melted ice cream into a chilled punch bowl.
Stir in your liquor of choice.
Top with nutmeg, cinnamon, clove.
Serve.

Tips
Too sweet? Add some milk (or more liquor)
Too rich? Add milk.
Too much? Give your keys to someone and call a cab.
I like that its not actually eggnog, which I would say sucks, but I'm not sure I can after recent comments.

CleverNickName

I like that its not actually eggnog, which I would say sucks, but I'm not sure I can after recent comments.
It's a lot closer to "actual eggnog" than you would think.

"Actual" Eggnog: stir egg yolks and sugar together until frothy, heat milk and cream until simmering, stir the egg-sugar mixture into the hot milk. Chill the mixture, then stir in vanilla and liquor. Serve.

French Vanilla Ice Cream: stir egg yolks and sugar together until frothy, heat milk and cream until simmering, stir the egg-sugar mixture into the hot milk. Chill the mixture, then stir in vanilla. Pour into freezer and churn until thick. Transfer to container and freeze until set. Serve.

Last edited:

don't make me break out actual numbers and quotes and historical references. I mean I don't mind researching but don't get mad if I invalidate your point with my research.

payn

It's a lot closer to "real eggnog" than you would think.

"Real" Eggnog: stir egg yolks and sugar together until frothy, heat milk and cream until simmering, stir the egg-sugar mixture into the hot milk. Chill the mixture, then stir in vanilla and liquor. Serve.

French Vanilla Ice Cream: stir egg yolks and sugar together until frothy, heat milk and cream until simmering, stir the egg-sugar mixture into the hot milk. Chill the mixture, then stir in vanilla. Pour into freezer and churn until thick. Transfer to container and freeze until set. Serve.
It's that yolk-y bit im not a fan of. As cool as the dude is, im not a big fan of dairy in my booze.

payn

Oh I totally get that; it's definitely not for everyone. It was the part about it "not actually eggnog" that I was responding to.
Yeap, I meant not yolk-y, which might make me want to try it. Funny story, bartenders hate making Brandy Alexanders (brandy and ice cream like drink.) They usually make way too much in the blender and end up offering extra to folks who didnt order them. Like my step mom around the holidays.

CleverNickName

I hated making daiquiris. Or any sticky, frozen fruit drink...loud, time-consuming, requires lots of cleanup, and the person ordering them usually doesn't understand that bartenders basically work for tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads