• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Emoshin

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
If it makes you feel better, there are many days when I cannot post in my own voice!

🤔
I tried again, borrowing your voice for only 10 seconds! You can have it back now!

Here's an essay from ChatGPT in the voice of Snarf Zagyg about the topic of roleplaying game theory using pizza as a metaphor
Roleplaying games are like pizzas, my friends. Just like pizzas, they come in all kinds of flavors and styles, from deep dish to thin crust, from classic pepperoni to experimental combinations like pineapple and ham.

At the heart of every pizza is the dough, and similarly, at the heart of every roleplaying game is the game system. Just as the dough provides the foundation for the toppings, the game system provides the structure for the players to build upon. The game system defines the rules and mechanics that govern how the game is played, and like a good dough, it should be sturdy and flexible enough to support a variety of toppings.

Speaking of toppings, let's talk about characters. In a roleplaying game, the characters are like the toppings on a pizza. They add flavor and texture to the game, and just like how some people like to stick to classic toppings like pepperoni or sausage, others like to experiment with more unique options like anchovies or eggplant.

The beauty of pizza, and roleplaying games, is that you can customize them to your heart's content. Just like how you can order a pizza with half pepperoni and half mushroom, in a roleplaying game you can create characters with different personalities and backgrounds, each bringing their own unique flavor to the game.

But just like how not every pizza topping goes well together, not every character will work well in every game. It's important to consider how each character fits into the larger story and game world, just like how you would consider whether pineapple really belongs on a pizza with pepperoni and olives.

Finally, let's talk about the players. The players are like the chefs who craft the pizza, putting together the toppings and cooking it to perfection. In a roleplaying game, the players work together to create a shared story, each contributing their own skills and ideas to make something greater than the sum of its parts.

So there you have it, my friends. Roleplaying games are like pizzas, with game systems as the dough, characters as the toppings, and players as the chefs. Just like how a good pizza can bring people together, a good roleplaying game can create memorable experiences and lasting friendships.

Congrats on the promotion. Now you're officially the assistant GM. When there's a table question about rules that absolutely needs to be answered right now, you get to look it up in the book while I keep running the game. Good job.
good good just one "accident" away from being GM

Friends Laugh GIF

And we all advance one step in rank.
You knock off a hostile leader, all you’ve done is given everyone under that guy an instant promotion. Which is another way of saying, you never get rid of the leaders on the other side because there’s always some new schmuck ready to step up and take the last guy’s place.

Remove ads