The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
The thread was locked right out of the gate? I've never seen that before. It's for the best, though, because, yes...obviously.

I work for a multinational consulting company, and our workplace badges have been doing that since 2006.
I'm thinking they may be missing 2 choices - he/they and she/they - both of which are distinct from he/she/they.
Good choice to default to using a pick list, though. Helps avoid Gina Carano-inspired trolling.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
The thread was locked right out of the gate? I've never seen that before. It's for the best, though. Because yes...obviously.
I'm going to take the opposite stance, actually. The news is very, very, good. A conversation about it, how it will work, how it could improved upon in the future, would have been a good thing. Sure the trolls would eventually come out of the woodworks, and the thread would get locked because nobody here can stop themselves from feeding the trolls, but I think there would've been something good that could've come out of it beyond the banning of a few more alts/sock puppets

Gradine

I'm thinking they may be missing 2 choices - he/they and she/they - both of which are distinct from he/she/they.
Good choice to default to using a pick list, though. Helps avoid Gina Carano-inspired trolling.
Yes, but I think there was an opportunity to also include some of the more common neo-pronouns. I'm pretty sure I've seen at least xe/xir/xem in D&D books before.

Not that folx can't just wear whatever other pronoun flair they want anyway.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I'm going to take the opposite stance, actually. The news is very, very, good. A conversation about it, how it will work, how it could improved upon in the future, would have been a good thing. Sure the trolls would eventually come out of the woodworks, and the thread would get locked because nobody here can stop themselves from feeding the trolls, but I think there would've been something good that could've come out of it beyond the banning of a few more alts/sock puppets
Making it a + thread and vigorously enforcing feels like it would work. But that it would need the mods to basically sitting on standby for the next few days to enforce.

Gradine

Making it a + thread and vigorously enforcing feels like it would work. But that it would need the mods to basically sitting on standby for the next few days to enforce.
I also worry that creating a (+) thread on a topic the mods wouldn't even entertain any comments on at all would seem like trying to circumvent/counteract moderation.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I also worry that creating a (+) thread on a topic the mods wouldn't even entertain any comments on at all would seem like trying to circumvent/counteract moderation.
Definitely. I was thinking if the original news post was a + thread. I would certainly check with them before making my own on it!

Remove ads