• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
If pizza toppings are a metaphor for various gaming preferences (i.e., psionics ~ pineapple):

Every character getting feats and subclasses at 1st level is like putting your cast iron skillet in the dishwasher. No, it doesn't technically break anything, it's just extra work if you want to cook up something quickly. And it just feels wrong.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Prompt: "psionic pineapple"

Screenshot 2022-10-10 11.11.15.png

Time to go start work on that pizza-topping themed D&D campaign.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
It's that time of the year: Pumpkin Spice Time! I do this little October ritual every year, and I highly recommend it to everyone. It's the Flavor of Autumn!

CleverNickName's Pumpkin Spice Blend

Ingredients:
1 stick of cinnamon, broken into pieces
8 whole allspice berries
5 whole cloves
1 star of anise
1 copy of module "X1: The Isle of Dread," by David Cook and Tom Moldvay (any format)
1 whole nutmeg, crushed
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Instructions:
  1. Read "X1: The Isle of Dread."
  2. Place the cinnamon, allspice, cloves, anise, and nutmeg in a small dry saucepan. Heat over medium heat, without oil and while shaking the pan constantly, until lightly toasted and very fragrant.
  3. Immediately pour the toasted spices into a spice grinder, and pulverize into a fine powder.
  4. Marvel at how one of the most iconic D&D adventures ever written is only 32 pages long, and still manages to contain a whole campaign setting, NPCs, maps, and 16 new monsters.
  5. Add the ground ginger and cayenne pepper, and pulse a few seconds to combine.
  6. Store the spice blend in an airtight jar (an empty spice bottle works perfectly).
  7. Adapt "The Isle of Dread" to your current D&D campaign setting and/or rules system. Wish that all published adventures were this versatile and easy to adapt.
  8. Use the spices for your next pumpkin pie, latte, or batch of oatmeal cookies. Delicious!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads