The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Say player A decides to broaden their horizons away from the more traditional ttrpgs and joins one of player B's favorite games that player B is running. Further, say that player A's PC is roughly based on themself and that there is an NPC in the game that is closely modeled on B.

Would player A be allowed to make a roll and spend a resource to have PC-A convince NPC-B that player A's favorite ttrpg actually does the good stuff too?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Say player A decides to broaden their horizons and play in one of player B's favorite games that player B is running. Further, say that player A's PC is based on themself and that there is an NPC in the game that is closely modeled on B.

Would player A be allowed to make a roll and spend a resource to have PC-A convince NPC-B that player A's favorite ttrpg actually does the good stuff too?
Im not entirely sure what you are saying/asking here, but it reminds me of gensys end of the world RPG. One of my players works at FFG and he just got the book at the time. Said PCs are built based on your real life self and what items you happen to have on you. I showed up at the chargen session with a chainsaw. :LOL:

My view/response/impression of the first screen and half's worth of threads on the D&D forum which I looked at just now:

• Interesting, but don't have much to add
  • Facts, but any discussion about it collapsed into the usual obtuse pedantry and BS by the end of the first page.
  • The scare quotes have made me never click on it
  • A thought experiment I don't have interest in contributing to, so why derail?
  • You don't need WotC to stat everything for you.
  • Cool! Thanks for the tip, esp. since I might run this - but nothing to say about it
  • I got about 10 minutes into one CR episode once. I found it cringey.
  • I recently started playing an OSR game, but this still doesn't interest me
  • Once Hawk the Slayer was removed what was the point?
  • A necro thread. I already said my peace/piece? I love eggcorns.
  • Again, the 51 pages demonstrate there is nothing in this thread that hasn't been said before
  • I lost interest in these.
  • Speculation and a token will get you a ride on the NYC subway, except not because they don't make tokens anymore.
  • I like how this guys uses the forums to explore possible directions for his game, just don't have anything to contribute
  • I just can't with this guy half the time.
  • I might click on this one later
  • A friggin' Snarf Thread. Nuff said. (literally, I responded once, that was 'nuff).
  • I don't care about math and averages.
  • More baseless speculation
  • I don't need to hear everyone dunk on NuTSR anymore - place it in the dustbin of history and move on
  • I don't care enough to figure out what this is.
  • Informative, I guess. Just not for me.
  • But why?
  • Everything I hate about "build" approach to playing D&D
All possible questions and problems related to role playing games have been answered and solved. The only thing to do now is to play.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I like jumbo shrimp and I cannot lie
all you other posters cant deny...
crawfishboil.jpg

Remove ads