The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Not an expert? You cant have an opinion, you are not an expert.
An expert? You can have an opinion.
Another expert? Your expert opinion is wrong.

TLDR: Nobody gets to have an opinion, we are all wrong, merrily dancing until the curtain drops.
“Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that's horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it's nothing. It's just bibble-babble. It's like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks.” —Harlan Ellison

Scribe

Legend
“Everybody has opinions: I have them, you have them. And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, that's horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, it's nothing. It's just bibble-babble. It's like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks.” —Harlan Ellison
If we must meet a bar of vigorous research, the internet becomes a much more quiet, and boring place. ;)

Remove ads