• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail looked at the captain never leaving his position supporting the ships hull.

Well how do I put it? I drive tanks. I sometimes swim tanks. I have also been known on occasions to fly said tanks. I have a knack for re appropriating enemy tech and I also make some damn good cocktails. As for my experience I took part in that scrape in North Korea bout ten years ago, shot some pirates in Somalia afterwards and then joined spooks. Everything else is classified I am afraid.

Now thinking about it I did conquer all the elements with my tank so space does seem to be the next logical step.

'Ghost'

First Post
Extraction then. To fill you in on my role I act as long range support, sniper. I'm yet to see a target I cannot hit.

Our squad's role is recon, we will be the first into unknown territory and we will be the ones responsible for providing accurate intel for the other squads. Should the need arise.

As recon we will only engage smaller groups of hostiles, again if the need arises. If we face a larger force then anticipated we will withdraw. We can no longer perform our duty if we die.

Our first priority is the protection of the civilians on this vessel. I'm sure you were picked for a reason, but you have not shown me why you were picked just yet.

I'm going to ensure you are prepared for most eventualities, this includes regular training, both individual and squad based. This may be in the form of individual tasks or scenarios.

After I have seen you all in action and evaluated your skills for myself I will pick one to act as my second. This is in case I am incapacitated or worst. At that time I expect you to follow their orders as if they were my own.

Let us hope this journey proves uneventful.

Understood?

"Sir, yes, sir" Alexandra said smartly saluting. She then turned on her heel and marched to Sierra squads quarters to begin arranging her belongings and equipment.

OOC: Where these meetings were totally supposed to take place.

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Ah heavy weapons, they never usually appreciate the finer points of their craft, still there's always hope...

Paxis you say? I've heard a lot about it recently, as much as my curiosity is piqued It'll have to wait.

He turned to Alexander, smiled and gestured to the twins

So captain here we all are; shock trooper squad echo. I don't suppose you feel like saying a few words at our innaugral meeting?

Last edited:

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail stops smiling and straightens up abandoning ships hull in its struggle against gravity.

Crystal clear sir!

He proceeds to follow his sister to the quarters.

I wander if having briefings in a bar is a local tradition or something.

'Ghost'

First Post
Ghost salutes the squad as they move off but does not leave the mess hall.

I can't believe how similar we are, I hate myself for it. But what else can I do?*a slight grimace crosses his face, he quickly regains composure*No, I am not like him, I never will be.

Calming his thoughts and mind, 'Ghost' starts to move off but the sierra quarters is not his destination. There is something else he must do first.

OOC: This meeting was meant to be in sierra quarters? I was just following the crowd and the mess hall seemed more interesting =D

'Ghost'

First Post
Arriving at sierra quarters, with 5 minutes on the countdown Ghost goes about checking his gear. He meticulously checks each piece of equipment. Spending more time on two disassembled guns in cases. After finishing his checks the countdown reaches 30 seconds. He straps himself in, rests his head on the back of the chair, closes his eyes and seems as if he's asleep.

Well here goes nothing

Alexander opens his mouth, ready to make some inspiring speech; it would include references to his amazing pedigree, and the valour that he would expect from his soldiers. However, it appears that the timetable had another view as an alarm stops him from uttering a word. Sighing, he scratched the back of his head. Smiling, he then grunted, and in the time it would take to blink, his jacket appeared to slip off, leaving him in his thin under-vest. Growling, he tensed his iron-cast biceps, and made them bulge to their maximum, posing in a typical weightlifters pose.

"I make this simple vow. So long as my impenetrable and glorious muscles continue to function, I will lead you to victory! If you doubt our chances of success, merely look up this sublime specimen of masculinity, and see the untamed inferno of hope! Now soldiers, get to your stations!"

Drawing himself to attention, he then saluted his squad, before making a "Light" jog to his battle-station, putting his jacket back on as he did.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail quickly checked his gear in the quarters and ran to the vehicle bay. To check up on the "Snowdrop". Satisfied he sprinted back to the quarters and strapped in with less then a minute to spare a small grin never leaving his face.

Final frontier ,eh?Well what could possibly go wrong.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads