• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

'Ghost'

First Post
He let's a soft sigh out, whilst he sits there

So you have a story as well. Makes me wonder if that's why we were chosen by the commodore, seems everyone I've spoken too has a hidden past, something they'd rather forget. With only a few exceptions. So this isn't you're first time being captured then, same for me. Though if we do stay here that would be a first for me, longest I've ever remained in captivity is close to 5 days. It's surprising how lax some people get once they think you have given up hope.

As he muses to himself.

Ray Ray

First Post
"Hasn't every soldier been captured at one point in his life? Its just something that happens. No problem. no sweat. just fine,ey!" He sounded like he was trying to convince himself more than Ghost, and evidently wanted to drop the subject. "

'Ghost'

First Post
Picking up on the slight nervousness

Indeed, many have been caught and released. Our teams will find us, your team will come looking for you and though my team doesn't like me I'm sure they'll come looking, even if it's just to confirm what happened to me. Before we were captured, and before I entered the building I contacted Sasha, though they were engaged at the time, I'm sure she's taken note of it. Look on the bright side, they don't mind you, the same can't be said for me.

Ray Ray

First Post
"Well you're not exactly the friendly type cap'n, You've been rubbing me up the wrong way for a while, just as an example. Rey though... think shes taken a liking to you. don't take that as a compliment though." he was, once again, trying to change the subject.

'Ghost'

First Post
I'm not paid to be friendly, plus it can lead to....complications. I only ask one thing of those that follow me, that's to follow my orders. The choice you make about me is entirely your own, if that's like, dislike or hate. To have a friend gives the enemy something to exploit. I fight to win, and I'll use anything at my disposal to do so. The lives of friends and family often carry a lot of weight, which I turn against my enemy. To avoid the same trick being used against me I keep most at a distance, it's been fairly successful so far. The one who I dropped my guard around.....well you've seen the result.

Still trying to break the bonds that are holding him in place.

Ray Ray

First Post
"Its not a complication when that bond makes you that much stronger, ey? Rey and me, thats no complication, thats a positive. I'm not paid to be friendly either. I just am. And it works, ey? I didn't get forced to the ground, and I swear I might have even got a smile from some of them alienfolk. Assuming they can smile, or smiling means the same in their language. Just... Wow... We've been captured by aliens. Aliens, Ghost. Its actually pretty exciting, apart from the being put in a cell part."

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
This is going to suck.

Mikhail threw his rifle to, or at with all the confusion it was hard to be sure , JD and grabbed the body on the floor dragging it past the robots hoping over the capsule. His mentor always used to tell him that in recon the best defense is often doing something so retarded that the enemy will never expect it.

Arriving at his destination, that was starting to get a bit crowded, Mikhail exchanged the body for his weapon.

Drag him away I will cover.

He switched his radio to contact the rearguard group.

We found one 300 and a whole lot of hostiles. Might need a quick exit.

OOC: For the beefcake roll
11-12=-1 + 1 destiny=0
And I have officially passed a beefcake roll!

Arthur Campbell

First Post
Hostiles closing in on all sides, I suggest we follow our commander, I can seal the corridor behind us.

Moving into the corridor he planted an explosive on the ceiling, taking care to focus the blast so as to avoid his compatriots.
I'd reccomend staying away from the door if possible. With the bomb in place he waited to see if he could catch any of their pursuers in the blast, his thumb hovering over the detonator.

OOC: kaboom will retrieve the explosive it set up move into the the room bauhdric is in.
Arthur will move into the corridor and setup a planted explosive on the ceiling. If he can minimize the blast without compromising the likelihood of collapsing the ceiling he will do so.
custom bombs (shrink by three) CL12: 3+7=10, I'll spend two destiny points to pass it.
Once everyone's inside he'll get ready blow it up. ideally catching some of the advancing enemies in the blast if possible
bonus sapper power: 2
damage roll:9
centre damage:33/area damage:28
I'm pretty sure this is two turns worth of actions, but I guess it's all done in advance. So I've only moved one turns worth of movement.

Remove ads