D&D 5E The Official 5E Version Of Doctor Who Is Coming In Just 2 Weeks!

In two weeks (or back in 2022 depending where in space and time you are right now) Cubicle 7 will be launching DOCTORS & DALEKS, the 5E version of its popular Doctor Who: Adventures in Time & Space tabletop RPG which has been in production for over a decade. The game launches on Tuesday, July 19th with the Doctors and Daleks Player’s Guide. Cubicle 7 has been producing the official Doctor...

In two weeks (or back in 2022 depending where in space and time you are right now) Cubicle 7 will be launching DOCTORS & DALEKS, the 5E version of its popular Doctor Who: Adventures in Time & Space tabletop RPG which has been in production for over a decade.

doctora.png

The game launches on Tuesday, July 19th with the Doctors and Daleks Player’s Guide.

Cubicle 7 has been producing the official Doctor Who RPG since 2009, with over 20 books. A second edition launched last year. This new edition is the D&D 5E edition, and was first announced back in February.

Doctors and Daleks​

A New Way to Adventure through all of Space and Time

Doctors and Daleks brings the epic adventures of the Universe’s most famous Time Lord to the world’s most popular roleplaying game. Running parallel to the award winning Doctor Who: The Roleplaying Game, Doctors and Daleks is a new line of products that brings Doctor Whoadventures to your table using 5th Edition rules.

The first book, the Doctors and Daleks Players Guide, brings you everything you need to get started with your adventures in Space and Time!

• Streamlined character creation rules to quickly bring to life a new time travelling adventurer. Create a new Companion for the Doctor, or build your own Time Lord! Do you want to do a bit of time tourism as part of Team TARDIS, or will you create a group of Time Agents to fight back against pesky paradoxes?
  • Rules for playing fast paced, combat light sci-fi adventures using the world’s most popular roleplaying game system. Fight like the Doctor with non-lethal weapons, manoeuvres, gadgets, and the power of emotional and logical arguments — or just run away really fast!
  • A time traveller’s treasure trove of technological marvels, including sonic screwdrivers, psychic paper, a water gun, and time machines.
  • Rules for using and customising the TARDIS, as well as creating and piloting any other kind of time travel device you can think of from the dawn of history to the very ends of the universe.
  • Advice on making every Doctors and Daleks adventure feel like you’re living in an episode of the legendary Doctor Who TV Series.
  • An expansive look at the history of the Doctor’s Universe, detailing some of the aliens and creatures the Doctor has encountered across space and time, including profiles for Daleks, Cybermen, and Weeping Angels, ready to be played!
The Doctors and Daleks Player’s Guide will be followed by the Alien Archive, a dedicated catalogue of some of the Doctor’s most notorious foes, presenting dozens of recognisable aliens from the series for the players to add to their games.

Alongside these, The Keys of Scaravore is an epic adventure for levels 1-5, that leads the characters to the Wild West and distant worlds, encountering Draconians, Silurians, Zygons, and more, before finally facing the terrifying Scaravore itself.

1657383747992.png

Weiley31

Legend
I am more looking forward to seeing what can be cherry picked from this to add to my regular 5E games. With that being said, I legit want to play as a Dalek who watches TV while also complaining how this one "Dalek" he saw on TV, a (checks notes) Arrrtoo-DeeToo, who is a disgrace to the culture of Daleks and needs to be taught a lesson on proper Dalek protocol. Also, what Dalek in their right mind flipping dances? Totally inappropriate Dalek behavior!

Cue crazy Dalek road trip to Hollywood.

Von Ether

Legend
I can see your point, but from my own POV, learning a new system is all part of the fun of RPG's.
It's a POV I share and I have spent many year pushing that "Can we play this other game that's not AD&D?" bolder up the hill.

But we also have to admit that for many more gamers the hobby is comfort food and they'd rather not learn a new game, even if that means learning a ton of new rules that effectively create a new game (e.g. Mutants and Masterminds.)

OTH, what was that game company that won awards for turning that combat heavy/magic heavy 5e engine into a 5e that was much more faithful version of LotR? Their name is on the tip of my tongue. (It's Cubicle 7.)

If there is anyone I'd have faith that could do the same for Doctor Who, it would be them. ( Which is the same company for anyone whose speed reading the posts and misses the joke.)

Last edited:

It's a company trying to make money, if that's what you mean? That's basically their job. The loaded term "cash grab" makes it sound seedy. I kinda wish it didn't exist, as it's never used appropriately.
Goes for many words.

Played the other C7 DW a few times, does the job nicely.

Interested to see where this version goes.

If you can play the baddies, I guess means more combat as for the most part, that's what they are built for.

If they go down the line of not all "X" are evil, it may rise a few eyebrows ( or whatever your species has!).

Remove ads

Remove ads