The Official Welcome Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockridge

First Post
Hello everyone

Hi everyone,
I've been lurking around for about a year now and finally decided to join. I've been playing D&D and horror games for 25 years now.
I'm more of a role player than a roll player but I like to try a bit of everything.
Nice to meet you all.
Lockridge

Lesuit

First Post
De-Cloaking

I've been lurking for quite some time (through the various permutations of this site since the start of 3e).

I've been playing D&D since the 70's -- so I have seen a lot over the years (I guess that makes it almost 30 years now).

I'm currently running a variant d20 campaign using elements of Mutants and Masterminds, with the Spell Points and Wounds/Vitality options. The setting is pseudo-China in the 1750's. So far it has been a hoot.

I'm looking for a good site to find d20/3.5e conversions of old D&D modules -- so if anyone knows of such a beast please drop me a line at thelesuit at hotmail dot com.

Laters.

adranis

Explorer
I'm a long time member, but never posted. I'm more interested in what people has to say and checking out what's the subject of the day.

Tnmurray

First Post
Looking for gaming groups

Greetings all,

I'm new to the Southbend/Mishawaka area and am looking for gaming groups. I'll play just about any RPG made. I currently have d20 books to run campaigns in Eberron and Dragonlance.

Feel free to contact me.

T

Hello folks.

I am a new member just getting back into D&D after a fairly long hiatus. After lurking around for a while, I finally decided to de-lurk and introduce myself.

I live in the Boston, MA area with my wife. My other hobbies are scuba diving (which I do a lot off right in my backyard - off the New England coast) and golf.

I'm sure I will see folks around!

Sephera

First Post
Hello

Hello,

I'm new here, but I know a few members here already. Hi Thunderfoot and Torin (tkmjcw)!

I know Torin because I'm married to him. :D Thunderfoot is a friend of mine and I participate in his current campaign. (I think we have a great group and I'm looking forward to the next gaming session.)

I was (still am) friends with Thunderfoot's wife and she mentioned joining their D&D group. I tossed the idea to Torin (who I hadn't seen game in the previous 13 years we had been together, but I knew gamed in the past). We decided we would give it a try and now two years later, I find myself getting more and more hooked. I had no prior gaming experience and still consider myself a newbie.

I think I've become a gaming monster or something within the last month. I have to admit, I didn't want Torin to go to GenCon, but did more looking around online both a few days before he left and also while he was there. During one of our calls during GenCon, I told him the whole family would be going to next year's GenCon. I even thought briefly about joining him this year and mentioned that prior to his departure, but I've been on bedrest for the remainder of my pregnancy with our 4th child. Kinda hard to go to GenCon Indy when I'm not even supposed to stand for more than 10 minutes per hour, let alone even leave my house. (Although, electric carts had run through my mind.) In the end I'm glad Torin went to GenCon without me this year. Next year, he can have the kids and I'll get to roam around on my own. LOL

So, bedrest is also providing me with plenty of time to surf the Internet and plot, I mean plan, what I would like to do with gaming, etc. I think I surprised Torin when I asked him to buy a 1 on 1 Adventure from Expeditious Retreat for us to play for our anniversary. :D

I've found a few resources for female gamers and there's been some discussion about having a seminar or something at next year's GenCon. It's still in the early stages, but I'm kind of excited about it. There's been some discussion at Fairgame-rpg.com and also LadiesofHack.com.

Now I need to find an Avatar...

Take care!

Sephera

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Hello Tnmurray! Welcome to EN World--if you're looking for a gaming group, try our Gamers Seeking Gamers forum. That's where that sort of request goes, so you'll be more likely to get more interested parties there.

Hi there, A Trackless Stranger! Glad you're getting back into D&D--EN World is pretty useful to help people out in that regard. I wish I could scuba!

Welcome, Sephera! Looks like you're already well acquainted with EN World. We're glad to have you aboard! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads