• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Order of the Stick meets a terrible Foe

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Concerning putting Vorpal on a weapon to easily cut people sheads off. Don;t forget yuou still need to roll a Natural 20 in order for the Vorpal ability to work. Just scoring a crit does not work, otherwise everyone would be using a Falchion with the improved crit modifier to get the crit range down to 15 - 20. Then you have a Falchion +1, Vorpal and you would be lopping heads off pretty much almost every other round.

Zephrin the Lost

First Post
Enough about the paladin, what's up with Elan's sprained wrist? The Order lives in a world goverened by 3.5 rules. What book or accessory am I missing that details lingering injuries such as sprains? And why can't the cleric fix it?

Coredump

Explorer
Zephrin the Lost said:
Enough about the paladin, what's up with Elan's sprained wrist? The Order lives in a world goverened by 3.5 rules. What book or accessory am I missing that details lingering injuries such as sprains? And why can't the cleric fix it?

This is the same as the 'multi-classing' discussion earlier...

OotS is loosely based on 3.5 rules. Rich has *no* problem deviating from those rules for the sake of a story or a joke. There have been a number of times the strip has not followed the rules.

I thought Belkar was the first multi-classed character. Isn't he like a rogue/ranger/barbarian or something? Sneak attack, wild empathy, and the strip where he goes to the barbarian trianing hall to take a level?

Funny good stuff. I was expecting Blue Cloak to be a drow.

coyote6

Adventurer
I'm not sure, but I don't think Belkar has ever made with the sneak attacks. I think he's just a ranger, possibly with a level of barbarian, if he went through with the training.

And I was with you on the drow thing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads