The Problem Of Disney Star Wars

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
But given that TLJ was Dumb (heroes) & Dumber (1st order) in space, our heroes don't really have much to fear from them.

Curious. How are they more dumb than the Rebels and Empire? Do you realize that Space Opera is not about tactical correctness?

As for Kylo? I stopped caring about him the moment he took his helmet off & started pitching a tantrum in TFA.
From that point on he just wasn't a credible character (let alone a villain) anymore to me.

Interesting. I found that *more* credible. It isn't like villains are *all* going to be pillars of emotional strength. When your source of power is to engage anger, you don't expect people with anger control issues?

As for Kylo? I stopped caring about him the moment he took his helmet off & started pitching a tantrum in TFA.
From that point on he just wasn't a credible character (let alone a villain) anymore to me.
It was odd but it made sense to me.
Sith and the Dark Side is driven by passion. They are literally fuelled by rage and anger and hate. They shouldn't be calm. And yet every other Sith lord we've seen has been a calm, collected badass who seems about as drive by passion as a Vulcan.

I can buy it with Vader. He seethed with a quiet rage. And did not hesitate to let it out. But Maul and Darth Tyranus and Sitdious/ Palpatine were all also far too calm for people corrupted by hatred and fury.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I watched Solo when it came out and loved it, it was one of the best of the new movies (the one-shots seem to be better than the new trilogy in my opinion, although I still loved watching those as well). Solo seemed to get a lot of hate which I never really understood, it was an excellent adventure.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases