• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "Rabid Wolverine" found dead

horacethegrey

First Post
jonathan swift said:
Bam Bam Bigelow and Mike Awesome both died this year as well. Awesome hung himself.
Good lord. I liked Bam Bam, even during his days as a heel. And Awesome took his own life? Damn. I never saw the guy wrestle, but PWI (Professional Wrestling Illustrated) always heaped praises on him during his ECW days.

jonathan swift said:
Sensational Sherri actually died in the past two weeks, during the "Mr. McMahon is storyline" and caused lots of rage as his storyline death was treated as more important than her real death.
:\ Leave it to Vinnie Mac to use his "death" as part of an storyline angle.

jonathan swift said:
It's just weird cause Benoit was a darling of the internet wrestling community and ended up (seemingly) becoming a monster.
Serious question if you don't mind me asking. Was there any real indication in Benoit's behavior that he'd do something like this in the months leading up to this tragedy? I'm asking since I've never really been part of the IWC.

jonathan swift said:
Meanwhile a man like Jeff Jarret who the IWC always hated looks like a hero now for sticking by his wife's side while she died of cancer and doing all he can to take care of his children.
I never really pegged Jarret as a jerk as the fans often say he is, if only for how distraught and saddened he looked during Owen Harts memorial.

jonathan swift

First Post
horacethegrey said:
:\ Leave it to Vinnie Mac to use his "death" as part of an storyline angle.

Well, the good new is that the death storyline is over and done with now. They are shelving it and rightfully so.

Serious question if you don't mind me asking. Was there any real indication in Benoit's behavior that he'd do something like this in the months leading up to this tragedy? I'm asking since I've never really been part of the IWC.

Nothing came out, but a few things have come to light in the past couple of days. Apparently Nancy filed for divorce in 2003 because Chris threatened her and she feared for her's and Daniel's safety. They later reconciled.

Also apparently he, along with Bradshaw and others, was something of a bully backstage, but would get a free pass from the other boys and fans because he was a good worker.

I never really pegged Jarret as a jerk as the fans often say he is, if only for how distraught and saddened he looked during Owen Harts memorial.

Yeah, I don't think anyone really thought Jarret was a jerk as a person, just his putting himself at the top of the card constantly. But after this past month JJ is def one of the good guys in the business.

horacethegrey

First Post
jonathan swift said:
Nothing came out, but a few things have come to light in the past couple of days. Apparently Nancy filed for divorce in 2003 because Chris threatened her and she feared for her's and Daniel's safety. They later reconciled.

Also apparently he, along with Bradshaw and others, was something of a bully backstage, but would get a free pass from the other boys and fans because he was a good worker.
Damn. I guess you never really know people in the biz unless you really work in the biz. :\

jonathan swift said:
Yeah, I don't think anyone really thought Jarret was a jerk as a person, just his putting himself at the top of the card constantly. But after this past month JJ is def one of the good guys in the business.
The wrestling scene needs more than it's fair share of good guys now, in light of this sad event. :(

mcrow

Explorer
More that died young:
Jake the Snake
Rick Rude died after a heart attack
Curt Henninglethal combination of steroids and painkillers contributed to his death in 2003
Dino Bravo was assassinated in his Canadian home
All 4 of the Von Erichs died before the age of 35
Chris suicide
David died of a drug overdose
Kerry suicide
Mike suicide by overdosing on the tranquilizer
Eddie Gilbert died of a drug overdose
Adrian Adonis died in 88' in a car accident
The Big Bossman Died of heart attack in 2004
Earthquake Died of cancer in 2006
Miss Elizabeth accidental OD in 2003
Johnny Grunge part of The Public Enemy tag team due to complication of sleep apnea
Rocco Rock in 2002, the other half of The Public Enemy
Eddie Guerrero 2005 heart failure, made worst by prior drug use.
Owen Hart Died on live TV after terrible fall in 99
Road Warrior Hawk Heart attack, like Eddie Guerrero cause partially from past drug use
Crash Holly overdose of painkillers 2003
The Junkyard Dog car accident in 1998
ARSION Japanese female wrestler who died due to a head injury during a match
Brian Pillman died in 97 due to a heart condition and had used drugs previously
Renegade commited suicide in 1999
Buzz Sawyer died in 92 of a heart attack at the age of 32
Sensational Sherri 2007
David Smith ("Davey Boy Smith") died at 39 in 2002 due to a heart condition aggrivated by steroid use
LOUIS SPICOLLI died in 98 at 27, can't remember the cause
]Sgt. AWOL/ The Wall heart attack in 2003
Yokozuna heart attack in 2000

There are a lot more, but these are the more well known ones.

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
crazypixie said:
I remember Rob Van Damme and "Sandman" getting arrested crossing the Canadian border last year with Marijuana. They pretty much got off on a technicality.

WWE also heavily promoted ephedra containing products until the substance was taken off the market.

Sabu not Sandman. Sandman carries around the kendo stick and walks through the crowd before drinking a beer and smashing the can on his forehead. Sabu is the "homicidal, genocidal, suicidal" one.

As for what obscene angles Vince McMahon goes after, he pushed for a incestuous one which Stephanie nixed and of the ones that passed, him mocking God doesn't sit so well with me.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Nuclear Platypus said:
Sabu not Sandman. Sandman carries around the kendo stick and walks through the crowd before drinking a beer and smashing the can on his forehead. Sabu is the "homicidal, genocidal, suicidal" one.

Who started that whole Beer Drinking schtick anyway? Was it him or Steve Austin or someone else?

Nuclear Platypus said:
As for what obscene angles Vince McMahon goes after, he pushed for a incestuous one which Stephanie nixed and of the ones that passed, him mocking God doesn't sit so well with me.

It might sound messed up, but if these tragities were isolated to only the WWE, one would have to ask: Who would be considered the face and who would be the Heel in Mr. McMahon's feud with "God"? That is this wasn't an Attitude era styled feud. Or maybe its a three sided fued between God the Devil and Mr. McMahon?

No matter what, I don't think Vince is winning this feud and the cost of the bad press is actually take down the industry with him.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads