• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sunken Temple

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer screams in frustration as he notices the walls of force around them. He slams his shoulder into the wall one more time, though with no hope of success, he threw himself at the wall to channel some of the emotions that were nearly overwhelming him. With his head bowed after hitting the wall he whispers Mistiano and then raises his head hoping to remember a story or event that might help. With his head clear he is able to focus on the knowledge that he has obtained over the years. As he is thinking, he grabs a small object out one of his pouches and holds it up toward the girls chained to the wall and whispers Revislo Amin.

[sblock=Actions and OOC]Actions:
Free - Knowledge History check against encounters with a wall of force
Standard Action - Read Magic

OOC:
Wall of force in front and behind the way we just came, can we continue up the hallway? or is that way blocked as well? Are we absolutely stuck in this section is more my question?

Knowledge checks seem to be free actions are a free action if they are trained, so I am assuming we are going with that, when it comes to my actions.[/sblock]

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli regards the odd hooded figure.

"Not entirely my doing. You can thank the Blooded Goddess for it. This is her temple, and as far as she’s concerned I am her devoted follower. A lie, of course — I serve another master. But the temple doesn’t know that. Clever, eh?"

The mad sorcerer breaks out laughing. He places his hands up to touch the wall of force between them. The fungal tendrils wither away, replaced by red smears, dripping as they try to find purchase on the invisible surface.

"She knows now, puny creature! From your ears to mine to Her Sanguine Majesty! And she is most displeased!"

He glances at the women in the back.

"You think she will let her curse be tainted that simply?"

OOC: Cast Arcane Mark for the Red Hands.

Walking Dad

First Post
Aradra tries to conjure the water, but to no avail. The room itself is to big to be targeted by the spell and the blood in the bowl (it must be blood) is protected by a much stronger conjuration.

Chaucer looks around, glad to see that at least the way further into the temple is still free. He remembers something akin to the story the creature told, about a band of knights, purging some evil temple. They told about a spectral guardian of the place, able to erect unbreakable walls...

The creature only laughs at Kanli's words. "Nice try, little sorcerer, but I spoke to the guardian of this place itself. It beliefs me as you can see." It points at the invisible wall.

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer hears the words the creature says towards Kanli, and when it says "guardian," his mind awakens. He turns to his companions and softly says,

I have heard this story. In less than fashionable tune of course, but a band of knights came into an evil temple to purge it of evil. They found a spectral guardian that could erect walls of force. A powerful being, the knights could not defeat the guardian, but they did destroy all of its worshippers. If there is a guardian here, than maybe we could alert it to this betrayal, and convince it to allow us the honor of ridding its temple of this filth. Either that, or we could try and find a wall and start digging through, those seem to be our options right now.

Lughart

First Post
"If we dig a hole, he would plug that with invisible walls too. To find this guardian in time we need to move now!"

Kilkin starts moving further into the temple, looking over his shoulder to see if the others follow him.

jackslate45

First Post
"If we dig a hole, he would plug that with invisible walls too. To find this guardian in time we need to move now!"

Kilkin starts moving further into the temple, looking over his shoulder to see if the others follow him.

Aradra looks irritated, but once Chaucer explains about the guardian, a look of comprehension dawns on his face. Quickly turning around, he follows Kilkin down the hall.

nfred

First Post
Brenic punches the wall one more time and grunts as it does not break just like the first time. He glances at Chaucer as he tells his story and nods. He turns to follow the others down the hallway.

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer watches Kilkin turn and walk away, and bites his tongue and chooses not to inform him of the differences between sarcasm and actual suggestion. He glances back on final time at the room with the girls and the cloaked figure, bends down and collects his bow before following Kilkin deeper into the temple.

Walking Dad

First Post
The heroes blesses with low-light vision see two possible destinations to explore:

A room doorway with a rotten away door to the right and (farer away) the room at the end of the hallway.

OOC: Please state your destination and your mode of travel (normal movement, running, sneaking,...)

Attachments

• Hallway.jpg
    Hallway.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 64

Remove ads