• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sunken Temple

nothingpoetic

First Post
[sblock=OOC]In terms of the plan, I was thinking we scroll first then barrels and torches second. That way, if the scroll fails, we aren't stuck wading through fire to try and get to the enemy. If we can cut off the retreat as it were first, the barrels will have a bit more of an effect and will put them within easy range for us as well. Also, if the scroll fails, it would allow us to try a different tactic or so without being detected.[/Sblock]

nfred

First Post
Brenic turns to his friends and says "The longer we stay here the better chance they have of finding us. Thus losing the element of surprise. We should hurry up. Tell me what to do and I will do it."
Brenic waits for a response from his friends.

jackslate45

First Post
[sblock=OOC]In terms of the plan, I was thinking we scroll first then barrels and torches second. That way, if the scroll fails, we aren't stuck wading through fire to try and get to the enemy. If we can cut off the retreat as it were first, the barrels will have a bit more of an effect and will put them within easy range for us as well. Also, if the scroll fails, it would allow us to try a different tactic or so without being detected.[/sblock]
[sblock=occ]I think this is the plan ya. We just need to make sure everyone is ready.[/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli looks around. "I have consulted with myself. We are in agreement with the plan, and will carry it out."

Checking the scroll, Kanli mutters, "Hm, the frogs are once again flirting with the Granite Hierophant..."

jackslate45

First Post
Kanli looks around. "I have consulted with myself. We are in agreement with the plan, and will carry it out."

Checking the scroll, Kanli mutters, "Hm, the frogs are once again flirting with the Granite Hierophant..."

Kilkin gives Kanli a puzzled look. He gets ready to push a barrel on signal, whispering "Get on with it!"

A faint smile can be seen as Aradra cuts some cloth of his shirt and wraps it around an arrow. He then takes the cloth end and places it in the oil, holding it there for some time. He then takes it out, and taking the flint and knife Kilkin set down, gets ready to light the makeshift torch, nodding to his party members. "On My Signal"

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=41485]InVinoVeritas[/MENTION], please make a caster level check (DC 4) and roll the damage of the spell (2d6). The rolls will strongly affect the encounter, so I don't want to roll for you. Good luck!

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer watches as his allies begin to put the plan into action and smiles a bit. He pulls out an arrow out of his quiver and puts it to his bowstring. As he tests the draw, his mind drifts back to the boat, the blood, and the bodies. He takes a deep breath, his vision clears, and he finds himself back in the corridor.

Alright Kanli, you first, once we see the trouble at the back, Kilkin and Brenic get a few of those barrels rolling. Aradra and I will hit the barrels with oil. As he finishes reminding others of the order of the gameplan, he bends down, grabs a piece of linen and wraps his arrowhead with it. The smell of oil covering the small piece of cloth is pungent, and a grim smile creeps over his face.

nfred

First Post
Alright Kanli, you first, once we see the trouble at the back, Kilkin and Brenic get a few of those barrels rolling. Aradra and I will hit the barrels with oil. As he finishes reminding others of the order of the gameplan, he bends down, grabs a piece of linen and wraps his arrowhead with it. The smell of oil covering the small piece of cloth is pungent, and a grim smile creeps over his face.

Brenic nods and moves over and grabs a barrel. He readies himself to shove the barrel on the signal. "I hope there are some left to fight after all of this.." Brenic says to himself.

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra whispers at Chaucer "Get Kilkin's barrel. I will get Brenic's. If one ignites so should the other."

With everyone at the ready, Aradra looks at Kanli.

"Go"

His voice changed a little bit, as though he was used to giving similar commands before. Not his ususal quiet self, but full of purpose and determination.

Once Kanli casts the spell, Aradra starts working the flint, lighting both Chaucer and his's arrows on fire. As soon as Brenic and Kilkin get out of the way, he will stand up and aim.

[sblock=Actions]Reading an action to have his party members clear out, and shoot the barrel's to light them. [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads