• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sunken Temple

Walking Dad

First Post
Sifting though mostly charred remains, you are able to recover 3 still functional spears for small sized humanoid. Deeply frustrated, your mood brightens as Kilkin finds a wand radiating divine magic on one of the least burned corpses.

Lughart

First Post
"Paydirt!" Kilkin bursts out. He looks the wand up and down before holding it up before the others. "Anyone know what it is?"

[sblock=OOC]With no ranks in Spellcraft, Know: arcana or Use Magic Device, and no knowledge of Detect Magic, Kilkin has little way of finding out what the wand does.[/sblock]

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer makes his way down the hall

Dorfundae, Dorfundae, how did you wile your way through this one?

The Three-Eyed Terror of Winderhaven, had confiscated your families home,

Yet you would not be scared away, instead you blew his gnoll parts gone with fire from a barrel and a wick made from pumpernickel

Chaucer continued alternating between humming a few bars of the tune, and breaking into song describing the Duke of Dorfundae's expedition to retrieve his home from a three-eyed gnoll. As he was humming, he poked around in the carnage, not particularly interested, until Kilken proclaimed his success. Chaucer snapped out of his musical revelry, and walked over to him.

What do you think it is? Chaucer asked, and then realizing that was what Kilken had just asked he shook his head and mocked himself. My apologies for the unattentive response, I did not realize you had asked for some aid. Let me see what I can find out. Chaucer closes his eyes and stretches one hand out toward the wand in Kilken's hand.

[sblock=Actions] Chaucer casts Detect Magic.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
You can determine a faint conjuration aura. There is writing in an unknown language on it.

OOC: Just realized no one of you has a rank in spellcraft, so identification is impossible... :(

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer opens his eyes and simply says, It has some power within it. Though I can not tell you exactly what it does, hold onto it, I am sure we can get someone to tell us what power it contains.

Chaucer then turns and continues poking around the area. Charred bodies and loose stone litter the ground. Flames sprout here and there amongst the wreckage of what was once the small barricade. He notices a hole in the wall and nods at it. Is this our next path? He asks as he pulls what looks to be the remains of a table leg, one end slowly being consumed by flames and the other remarkably unscathed, and tosses it into the wall, trying to illuminate the tunnel for his Elven eyes.

jackslate45

First Post
You see

from your position.
OOC: Anyone scouting forward, or are you moving as a group. If the later, I need the order of movement in 10 ft broad tunnels.
OOC: oh how I cannot wait for darkvision...

As Chaucer and Kilkin attempt to identify the wand, Aradra also moves closer to the tunnel. Unable to see past the firelight, Aradra turns to the group at large.

"I feel we should move together as a group. If we try to split up, we may not be able to inform the others about what is going on."

nfred

First Post
"I agree. If that was just the first wave of protection, just think about what lies ahead of us." Brenic says with s smile. Brenic will move to position himself close to the front of the group as to take the hit if anything decides to surprise the party.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli looks down at the charred corpses as everyone passes. "Thank you for corrupting the Seventeenth Circle," he mumbles, as he joins everyone heading down the corridor.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads