• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sunken Temple

nothingpoetic

First Post
As a few others begin preparing for their venture into the tunnels, Chaucer takes his place behind Kilkin, an arrow knocked on his bow. He looks at his companions and says,

Dorfundae tricked the Terror of Winderhaven and gained the spoils he sought with no bloodshed.

Our path does not follow his this night.

Our path follows the likes of Saint Amartia, Ilkhorn, and the Great Sartoyhas, who all knew that to accomplish the greatest good, sometimes it meant shedding the blood of those who were doing evil. May we find the victory and success in our mission that they did!

With the strength of the Mountains, and the cunning of the Fox, may we defeat our foes, and destroy them like a pox!

He repeats the curse of an old soldier he had met 70 years ago along the Ouhm River named Bernard. With a fond smile playing across his lips, and a hardened look in his eyes, Chaucer stands ready to advance into the unknown of the tunnels.

[sblock=OOC] We all updated close to the same time, so I didn't see your post there GM, I adjusted mine a tiny bit to flow better with that marching order. Sounds good to me.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
As a few others begin preparing for their venture into the tunnels, Chaucer takes his place behind Kilkin, an arrow knocked on his bow. He looks at his companions and says,

Dorfundae tricked the Terror of Winderhaven and gained the spoils he sought with no bloodshed.

Our path does not follow his this night.

Our path follows the likes of Saint Amartia, Ilkhorn, and the Great Sartoyhas, who all knew that to accomplish the greatest good, sometimes it meant shedding the blood of those who were doing evil. May we find the victory and success in our mission that they did!

With the strength of the Mountains, and the cunning of the Fox, may we defeat our foes, and destroy them like a pox!

He repeats the curse of an old soldier he had met 70 years ago along the Ouhm River named Bernard. With a fond smile playing across his lips, and a hardened look in his eyes, Chaucer stands ready to advance into the unknown of the tunnels.

[sblock=OOC] We all updated close to the same time, so I didn't see your post there GM, I adjusted mine a tiny bit to flow better with that marching order. Sounds good to me.[/sblock]

Taking up the rear with Chaucer, and every few seconds looking behind them making sure that nothing was following them, Aradra got his bow ready as well. Hope there is nothing following us...

Walking Dad

First Post
GM: General description:

Sputtering torches light most areas. Ceiling height is 10 feet. The doors of what seems a former temple were made of wood and have long since rotted away.

Room 3:

To your left is an archway leading into a room lit with flickering torchlight. Inside is an upright stone slab, tilted backward. Chained to the slab is a woman. She is young and blond, with the remains of fine clothing wrapped in tatters around her. Her hands are manacled above her head, and her bare forearms are chafed and covered in blood. She lies limp, though her chest still rises and falls.
Against the far wall are four more women in similar states: young and lovely and slumped in unconsciousness, their shackles holding them upright. One of them has scarlet hair.
Their clothing has been partially torn away, revealing the tops of their chests, where a jagged rune is painted in red. A few amphibians guards stand nearby, spears raised.
Standing near the stone slab is a humanoid shape cloaked in a dark gray robe of rags. The robe's hood casts the creature’s face into shadow. A rusty, spiked mace hangs from its rope belt. The figure holds a golden bowl in one hand, and with the other it draws a symbol in glistening red liquid upon the woman’s chest. At first glance you think the figure wears dark gloves, but a second look reveals that the 'gloves' are in fact composed of living vermin: Small beetles, spiders, and centipedes crawl about, revealing occasional patches of pale skin.
The robed figure chants something in a raspy whisper as it works.

(Notes: forgot to add the amphibians to the map. There are 3. The hooded woman of the map is red haired.)

Attachments

• Room 3.JPG
    Room 3.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 69

Lughart

First Post
After leaning around the corner and seeing the bizarre congregation inside, Kilkin ushers the group back a few feet. "One of those prisoners could be the girl we're looking for. If you'd allow me, I could try to hypnotize the enemy, maybe we'll avoid endagering the captives any more than we have to." Kilkin tries to speak as softly as possible so as not to be heard above the robed figure's chanting.

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer listens as Kilkin describes the scene. I could lull those guards to sleep. Might be easier to deal with them unconscious, or at least, he glances at Brenic before continuing, less messy to deal with them while the are unconscious. Either way, whatever we do, we must do it fast.

nfred

First Post
Chaucer listens as Kilkin describes the scene. I could lull those guards to sleep. Might be easier to deal with them unconscious, or at least, he glances at Brenic before continuing, less messy to deal with them while the are unconscious. Either way, whatever we do, we must do it fast.

"I agree. Lets get it done." Brenic says to Chaucer. He shifts his weight and prepares to charge into to room to deal with what ever is left after the spells resolve.

jackslate45

First Post
"I agree. Lets get it done." Brenic says to Chaucer. He shifts his weight and prepares to charge into to room to deal with what ever is left after the spells resolve.

Aradra gets his bow ready, and waits for Brenic to charge in. He will then move within view of anything still up and start shooting at it.

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer nods, and looks at Kilkin, You choose friend, do you want to try and hypnotize them all, or would you like for me to put the guards to sleep and then you hypnotize the one by the altar?

Lughart

First Post
"I think we should work together on this. The fewer targets i have at once, the greater my chance of success. If we cast the spells simultaneously, we might disable them before they can react. Should we fail to take out all of them, you others can start to spill blood. Sounds good?"

[sblock=OOC]I looked up both spells, and they both have a full round casting time. To get them both off before we're attacked, we need to cast at the same time. And i doubt any of our spells can take out three frogmen AND the robed guy, so this should be our best shot.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads