• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thirst for power (Finished) (Knight Otu judging)

Patlin

Explorer
"You mean, you want me to suggest a plan? Um... well, I guess I can do that if you want. I think we should engage in some surveillance for a couple of days, just to become familliar with the targets movements. It would be ideal if we had some way to communicate with each other without being observed... I don't suppose there's a spell like that you might know? We could position ourselves in various places within the same city block or so, and try to figure out what room the target's office is in, whether in the guardhouse or elsewhere... maybe he keeps his secret documents under a floorboard in his mistresses apartment or something. Once we have a likely spot, we can quietly slip inside, hopefully through a convenient window, and rifle the place for evidence."

"This might be overly optimistic, but if we do it right we might complete the mission without fighting anyone, and likely *much* sooner than we could if we had someone infiltrate the guards and try to gain their trust."

SlagMortar

First Post
"That's also a good idea. Unfortunately I don't know any communcation spells. I think we could do both plans at once. Azaroth and Draig work on becoming guards and keep their eyes open while they do it. I think they will see just as much as they would looking around and quite possibly a good deal more. You and I spend some time looking around the guard house."

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: I´m quite busy at this moment, all will be until Thursday. That doesn´t mean I won´t post, but it may take some time.

Xaov

First Post
azaroth decides to walk to the temple first. Then try going into the restricted section perhaps greasing a few palms and what not.

If he finds nothing of interest (anything relating to demons, etc.) then he'll head back to the inn where he'll most likely be told of all the recent plans.

Someone

Adventurer
Azaroth easily finds the temples around the town´s main square, halfway between the docks and the east door. They are mostly chapels, with no clergy attending them: the only only four relatively big ones are those of the gods of earth and sky, sailors and amrines, and commerce. This last one is being rebuilt, and seems that will be the largers one once it´s finished.

Azaroth spends some time inquiring in them, but seems that the library he´s looking for don´t exist here. Apparently the spice merchant took most of them: only those related with religious teachings remain there in solitary shelves. and they never had what Azaroth was looking for, either.

When the sorcerer finds the Green Dove, it´s already dark, but he arrives just in time to participate in the meal and the conversation.

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer explains the plan to Azaroth. "Does it seem like an appropriate plan? Also, do just one of you want to try to join the guard or do both? Since it is likely known we are all together, we can use the cover story that I am a business man looking for a place to establish a store and you two are my guards. Since we are already in the city, I'm no longer in need of much protection so you will have some free time.

"Oh, and this is my new familiar, Louie the bat. Banion, when we start looking about, you can take him with you and I will be able to sense what is going on in your area. We won't be able to talk, but it is better than nothing. Don't worry, he won't bite."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads