• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thirst for power (Finished) (Knight Otu judging)

wmasters

First Post
ooc: For what it's worth, Draig is grabbing his armour, but not donning it yet. I just hope I'm not waking everyone up to tell them that the innkeeper has burnt his toast...

Xaov

First Post
I agree we should have the two of us join in the guard. It gives us an insurance policy. Plus more ground that we can cover.

goes to bed

What on earth is going on here! Azaroth excliams as he is awoken so abruptly.

he sees what looks like the fire outside the door and gets on his basic robes.

When Beamer casts his spell Azaroth looks at him and says. Good Idea my friend.
and rushes out the door to see whats going on.

Someone

Adventurer
Azaroth and Beamer join Draig, and like him they can see the glow of fire, though the "FIRE!! FIRE!!" shouts coming out of nowhere drown any noise.

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer heads down the stairs with Banion. Since the entrance was all the way across the room, he keeps an eye out for a back entrance, possibly through the kitchen. He lets Louie sit on his shoulder and mentally asks him to let him know if he notices anything that Beamer can't see, whether from smoke or darkness or any other reason.

Patlin

Explorer
Someone said:
ooc: Donning your armor takes 1 minute, or 5 rounds if you do it hastily (worsening armor check penalty by 1). How are you going to do it?

Banion will spend the full minute.

Silly of me to take off my armor on a mission. Next time I'll sleep in it.

Someone

Adventurer
The yells of “FIRE FIRE” continue, making some sleepy heads poke out of the rooms, asking what happens, while Draig heads for the stairs. As soon he starts descending them, a throwing axe sinks in the handrail with great force, not far from his head. The thrower is one of five silhouettes, human shaped and sized, lighted up by the flames that are starting to hungrily grow, burning the tables, kitchen and barrels. You can´t see their faces, since they are covered with clothes that only show the eyes.

One of them breaks a small barrel with another throwing axe and starts pouring lamp oil on the walls. As arsonist, they clearly don´t have much experience, since they set the place on fire before soaking everything with oil. Whatever the experience, it´s clear for Draig that they´ll make the inn a raging hell in less than a minute unless stopped.

[ooc: The arsonists don´t wear visible armor and are armed with axes and long knives (shortswords). No news from Azaroth, but he can choose to be with Draig or the halflings, as he wish. I´ll post a map if there´s actual combat

The throwing axe was very close to hitting Draig. The group of good guys have the initiative now.]

SlagMortar

First Post
As soon as Beamer becomes aware of the enemies, he casts mage armor and draws his crossbow from his haversack. If Draig yells, he will not wait for Banion to finish putting on his armor.

OOC: Spells remaining: 5 0th level, 5 1st level

wmasters

First Post
From the top of the stairs, Draig sees the sabateurs. Set on securing an exit he hoists his trusty Urgosh and starts bounding down the stairs No time to put my armour on, in the midst of the fire and I'm getting into a fight. Just what I need.

He lets out a cry as the axe whistles past his face, feeling the air rushing past him as he barely ducks out of the way, before the axe thuds into the woodwork. That was close.

"Damn you, you'll pay for this!" he cries as he brandishes the dwarven weapon and runs down the stairs towards them, aiming to bring down any of them spreading oil before they get a chance to make things any worse than they already are.

Last edited:

Remove ads