• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thirst for power (Finished) (Knight Otu judging)

Someone

Adventurer
SlagMortar said:
OOC: If Beamer had observed them being too obviously noticed by the other people on the roofs, he would have probably either tried finding a better hiding place off the roof, or tried to figure out a good looking reason for them to be on the roof all day.

As a matter of fact you did. I usually suppose your characters take elemntary actions according with your posts: in that case the group tried to be as discreet as possible while at the same time being able to notice what was going on below, or that was how I interpreted your intentions (and I asked for them explicitly, and warned that you be there for a long time) Hiding from all possible spotting places wasn't possible, and you already knew about the towers; it seemed elemtary for me that after being looking for you in the usual places, the best way would be to go to a high place and look.

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: Just to be clear, I don't have any problem with how events played out. Thanks for the clarification.

IC: Beamer does as Banion suggests. "Here, take Louie with you. He should be able to help you find us." Louie hops out of Beamer's pack.

Someone

Adventurer
SlagMortar said:
OOC: Just to be clear, I don't have any problem with how events played out. Thanks for the clarification.

ooc: Nor did I interpret your post in that way. Only that explaining how and why I took those decisions I hope you understand how I run the game, thus making it go more smoothly.

IC: The man in the tower shouts somethng you can´t make out, and quickly dissapears. Realizing that it´s evident that you were being looking for and therefore any attemp at being subtle is futile, you hurry down the wall (ignoring the open hatch) Beamer slips and falls with a pitched scream on top of Draig, fortunately both suffering just only small bruises*. Banion follows soon enough, sticking to the wal without problem, and with a nod, darts away followed by Louie. Moving through the streets, and with a feeling of being hunted, you wonder what are you going to do next, or if Banion´s ruse will even work.

ooc:*No fumble, just both Draig and Beamer failed their DC 15 Climb checks by enough margin to fall down. Beamer suffers 1 hit point damage, Draig 3.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I've got the continuing feeling in this adventure that I'm somehow not communicating with the DM. I expect that it's just that Someone and I think a lot differently. I've had face to face games like that, sometimes.

IC: Having (apparently) decided that the drop is too much for the dramatic jump off the other side of the roof with which he intended to capture the attention of any onlookers. Banion scoops up Louie and runs through the streets for about two blocks before finding a spot in which to disapear.

Hide +14, Move Silently +12

Taking 10, so opposing spot DC at 24 and opposing listen at 22.

He'll keep moving for a bit while stealthy unless he finds a really great place to hide.

Someone

Adventurer
Patlin said:
ooc: I've got the continuing feeling in this adventure that I'm somehow not communicating with the DM. I expect that it's just that Someone and I think a lot differently. I've had face to face games like that, sometimes.

ooc: That´s actually not so bad; it could be much worse that you though that we undrstood each other and I´m a moron. Dont´laugh, happens a lot, and not only in the web. Now I realize that first you were going to climb the wall, and then changed to just jump down. It doesn´t make much difference, though.

Just to be totally clear, we´re in the first seconds after you left the roof. Banion is doing what you´ve said you were doing (now twice), trying to attract the attention of whoever is over there. Beamer and Draig also descended from the roof, a not so gracefully as Banion, and found that there is no immediate threat. But after that thay are... well, I´m not quite sure of what they are going to do after moving away: dig a hole, climb up another roof, or buy a flying machine, just to mention some options. That´s why stopped the action there.

Edit: Also to remind you that it´s two hours until sunset, so you´re not expecting Idrag to show at the warehouse until at least that time passes. Where do you plan to spend that time?

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer leads the way back toward the middle of the city hoping to lose any pursuit in the tangle of streets. He keeps his scroll of obscuring mist in hand. He plans to walk at least 200-300 meters while trying to determine if they are being followed.

OOC: Status: HP 17/17, 1 non-lethal damage. No spells in effect. Spells remaining: 0th: 5, 1st: 7, 2nd: 4

Someone

Adventurer
A horn is heard. Banion´s run seem to have some effect, as after a while, and safe behind some barrels, he watches how four guards arrive at his position, walkin at a quick pace. Peeking through the narrow space between the barrels, he sees how one of them signals the other two; the four of them split in two pairs, and continue searching.

Meanwhile Banion and Draig move through the streets, but they aren´t very lucky this time. When they march through a narrow alley, a couple guards appear at it´s exit, some twenty meters from you. One of them grips his halbers and taps his companion´s arm, who finally notices you, grabs a small horn and blows it.

ooc: The guards actually won initiative. I guess you are going to use the scroll, but I wasn´t sure. Banion also hears this second horn.

Patlin

Explorer
If Banion gets the chance, he'll sneak away from the nearby guards (or wait for them to get out of the way if they respond to the horn) and let Louie lead him back to the others.

Someone

Adventurer
Banion emerges from behind the barrels. As he does it, he notices how a shoemaker -that was turning his back at him at the time Banion hide- smiles at him and does a two thumbs up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads