• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thirst for power (Finished) (Knight Otu judging)

Someone

Adventurer
"Take over the city? I haven´t thought on that" says Nordal. "Now that you mention it, it isn´t so difficult to imagine, but what´s been doing so far is just to accumulate wealth."

"In this time, I´ve started to understand him a little better. He´s got some animal cunning, but he´s not a genius. He´ll stick to what it works, if you understand me. About the wizard thing, no. He distrusts them, and even doesn´t have a wizard or cleric working for the guard. When they need healing they go to the temple of Delanor."

Patlin

Explorer
"Any big score he might have his sights set on in town, then, if it is all about money? Something worth showing his true colors for?"

Someone

Adventurer
Patlin said:
"But no huge merchant caravan coming through or other obvious target that you know of?"

Nordal thinks. "If things go as normally are, Koplov should send the merchandise he´s received with the two ships that arrived yesterday and today, and organize or join caravans inland. Part of the goods will continue their travel for Orussus, once he´s decided what to do with them, and where he´ll get the most profit", concludes the thief.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Well, that's good at least that we should only have to deal with mundane threats. Those are bad enough. You're right, Artea didn't say anything specifically about a meeting. Is Koplov allied with the Idrag, or would Idrag try to steal from him? Do you think it is safe to hide out here until sundown? I still think we should try stake out the warehouse."

Someone

Adventurer
SlagMortar said:
"Is Koplov allied with the Idrag, or would Idrag try to steal from him?

Nordal shakes his head. "You still don´t get it; he´d steal from his mother. Don´t know what you mean by allied - Koplov is a rich merchant and is in the council."

"Do you think it is safe to hide out here until sundown? I still think we should try stake out the warehouse."

The thief nods. "This place has ben safe for me for a long time. In case of danger, you can use the way we came in or go through that corridor and you´ll find another."

"I´ll help you arriving at the warehouse. I´ll see how´s the thing going when the sun sets, but I don´t think they´re looking for me right now, so I´ll have it easy to look for a clear path."

Patlin

Explorer
"Also, the warehouse isn't necessarilly the final stop along the way. In any event, let's get going. I doubt speculation will be of much help to us..."

Remove ads