• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thirst for power (Finished) (Knight Otu judging)

Someone

Adventurer
Nordal goodbes you and stealthy departs. Some time later, about one hour and a half, he´s back.

"Sun will set soon. I´ve been watching the guard, and I think I can guide you there without any serious problem. Something weird is happening, though. Almost the whole guard is outside, and Koplov´s warehouse is being watched cloesly by his own men, as is normal. However, there are no guards near the port. I wonder what that means, but I´m starting to think you may be right. Robbing from one council member can spell Idrag´s end, if we do this thing right."

ooc: Last minute preparations and strategy. For the sake of pace and Patlin´s bloodlust, just assume you´ll arrive at the zone without problem, and the scenario doesn´t change considerably except for the population; there won´t be any worker and a number of private guards.

Patlin

Explorer
"No guards by the port? Wouldn't the city normally post guards there to prevent any kind of sea raid, such as from pirates? Could they be exposing it to facilitate just such a raid?"

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer casts a mage armor spell on himself. "That would make sense with what we have heard. So we need proof that Idrag is involved. I bet Idrag will want to be present to make sure everything goes as planned. Maybe we could capture him to prove he is involved? We should try to figure out where he will be watching the proceedings. Should we wait until it starts and then try to nab him in the confusion of the fight? We'll need a good place to hide and watch."

OOC: HP: 17, AC: 19, Mage armor for 4 hours, Spells remaining: 0th: 5, 1st: 6, 2nd: 3

Someone

Adventurer
When the time comes Nordal guides you through the now deserted and dark streets to the warehouse zone, avoiding the guards thanks to his knowledge of the city, then leaves - but promises to be .

Banion scouts the zone discreetly. The workers and civilians are gone, and the zone is clear except for at least six guards (not city guards, these seem to be private, as Nordal said) watching the warehouse; they never leave it´s immediate vicinity, though. They wear long wooden cloaks they are using to protect themselves from the cold, so it´s difficult to see how are they armed: you just know that they do not carry polearms. The warehouse is also lit from inside, unlike the others.

Patlin

Explorer
"Hmm. Should we warn them? Seems only fair, but with our luck if we do warn them it'll turn out they are in on it...."

Patlin

Explorer
If Beamer and Draig are in favor of trying to warn the Merchant's guards, Banion will walk over to them and say the following:

"Excuse me, but are you expecting a large contingent of the city guard to enter this warehouse shortly?"

If they answer no (as expected) he will say "Then you'd better sound an alarm, because they'll be coming and if it was a friendly visit you would allready know about it."

If they answer yes, he will simply say "Good, they are on the way." and try to get out of the immediate area.

If they respond with immediate violence (the second most likely reaction in Banion's estimation) he will go to full defense and try to get away, or at least evade long enough for Beamer and Draig to assist.

SlagMortar

First Post
Assuming they have a few seconds to decide on a plan, Beamer says quietly, "I could try using my spell that we used to communicate earlier. Then you won't be in any danger."

If they like this suggestion, Beamer looks for a hiding place where he has line of sight, but is hard for the guards to see. He casts message and then immediately drops line of sight. He says, "Don't be alarmed, I'm just a friend of Koplov's who wants to warn you that the city guards are coming to the docks in great numbers. Also, keep watch on the sea as the guards have been pulled back from the port. I will hear a whispered reply, if you wish to discuss how we can help you make it through this encounter."

OOC: Beamer can cast the spell from 140 feet away, which should be plenty of room to avoid detection. Amazingly, this spell is Saving Throw: None so it should work. He will also include Banion and Draig as targets (he gets 4) so they can hear the words.

wmasters

First Post
"So what`s the plan when the guard do arrive? Supporting Kaplov`s guards seems like the right thing to do, but we`ve got pretty scant information on the situation. Besides, I`m not sure we want to be hunted by Idraig any more than we already are... we only need to know what he`s up to."

Draig thinks for a moment, "You know, if we do end up fighting, it might be worth trying to take them alive. Questioning the guards might be useful, and I`m not a great fan of killing city guards, corrupt or otherwise. What do you think?

Remove ads