• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Thirst for power (Finished) (Knight Otu judging)

wmasters

First Post
Seeing the halflings escaping, and with the guard backing away from him, Draig sees an opportunity to escape himself. Opening the door he runs into the street, looking for somewhere safe.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Unless we catch a lucky break somehow, seems likely we are about to fail this mission in a spectacular manner. Here's hoping the council's private security is nearby!

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: Someone didn't answer my question about whether we already got paid or not. I'm guessing not so good thing we got at least a little advance. Not that it will matter if Beamer is killed while climbing out the window :heh:. Given how easily Idrag managed to get all the Council members in one place without a single loyal guard with them, I think even had we succeeded it would only be a short while before someone else managed to topple the Council.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: What I don't understand is how they can be killing the civilians and doing this much damage to us at the same time -- are there more of them here that aren't showing on the map because they are otherwise occupied?

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: I don't think there are much for spectators. Basically it's us, the Council, Idrag, Etan, Nairb, and a dozen of guards who are all on Idrag's side. There are 10 guards shown so there could be another two around somewhere. I'm not sure how large the council is, but I think most all the them were killed in the surprise round with a few in the back finishing them off during the first and second rounds.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Well, with 10 to 12 guards, a level 3+ wizard, and a level 3+ guard captain we'll be doing well if we manage to get away. Even if we assume the guards are level 1 commoners, this is a horribly difficult encounter. If they actually have a class level, that puts it completely over the top. And if

"Idrag’s sword is particulary painful: anion can feel the flaming piece of metal inside him at least a couple times."

is supposed to be taken at face value, Idrag would have to be level 6+.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with our current plan of "Run away! Run away!"

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: What I don't understand is how they can be killing the civilians and doing this much damage to us at the same time -- are there more of them here that aren't showing on the map because they are otherwise occupied?

The previous turns only a handful of them were attacking you. The rest were attacking the civilians. This turn they massed on you, except the ones blinded.

Patlin said:
And if

"Idrag’s sword is particulary painful: Banion can feel the flaming piece of metal inside him at least a couple times."

is supposed to be taken at face value, Idrag would have to be level 6+.

ooc: I think I mentioned it a couple times: only the ooc portion of the combat posts contains rule accurate info. The portion that comes before it is window dressing; notice how initiative orders change, one attack can be described as a series of attacks, a failed action can also be described as not attempted at all, attacks that deal relatively little damage can also be described as closely parried, or stopped by armor but "feeling the force behind it", etc.

In any case, post coming tomorrow. I'm quite tired today.

Last edited:

Remove ads