• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Thread topic most likely to be first to reach 10+ pages of argument

Thread topic most likely to be first to reach 10 pages or more of argument

• The Problem with Race in D&D

Votes: 34 54.8%
  • The Problem with Alignment in D&D

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Are [insert orcs or drow] evil?

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Grognards Don't Get It

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • TSR3 / Justin LaNasa

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Why [insert edition of D&D] is better/worse

Votes: 6 9.7%

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Early-era D&D products which feature always-Evil _______ who are obviously stand-ins for some group of IRL people.

Does that cover everything?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
:cool:Tongue-in-cheek...perhaps. But the thought crossed my head after reading some interesting takes on "clickbait" sites. When someone posts for advice on their campaign, there's a handful of helpful responses, but it doesn't generate the traffic that a well-targeted "D&D's most controversial artwork" (all from Palace of the Silver Princess) can. We've all got something to say about that. Or this:

View attachment 148507
Some may remember the days when that was the controversial topic...
It doesn't need to be controversial in the least. Anything will generate endless arguments. Everything does. "I like the d12, it's not used enough" will generate vitriol and dozens of pages of pointless arguments.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I voted “other” because these topics are all likely to get shut down. However, the topic “the rulebooks support X/don’t support Y:” seems just as likely to blow up in terms of post count (heck, even just mentioning it in a thread is liable to get the thread overtaken with this discussion), but they never get shut down.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
"Bards are playable" generates 10 pages of Snarf :ROFLMAO:

No enumerated list could possibly contain my antipathy. The name of my hatred is Legion.

“Hey Snarf? What do you dislike today?”

”Whaddya got?”

That said, the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward smacking down bards with EXTREME PREJUDICE.

cowpie

Adventurer
It doesn't need to be controversial in the least. Anything will generate endless arguments. Everything does. "I like the d12, it's not used enough" will generate vitriol and dozens of pages of pointless arguments.
Why not combine them? How about the way the d12 was used in Pathfinder was more racist than the way it was used in Holmes Basic.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
I think we all already know "The problem with race in D&D" will/does get a lot of traffic, but the TSR3 stuff gets a lot of unified support in mockery that tends to lead to threads about it having multiple pages before I even get to see it exists, and I am on here a lot!
See, TSR3 threads are communual shooting fish in a barrel. Just us coming together to laugh at a target. Building community

Now, orc/drow and alignment stuff, that's when the daggers come out and why we need the TSR3 threads to keep the community spirit together

Remove ads