TSR TSR3.5 Voluntarily Dismisses Lawsuit

A lawsuit filed by TSR3 against D&D owners Wizards of the Coast a few days ago was voluntarily dismissed.

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 3.17.46 PM.png

Dismissal without prejudice means that the suit can be filed again. The suit lasted two days from the 7th to the 9th of December. The IndieGoGo fundraiser to fund it is still running.

At first glance, the below document is dated 21st October so it’s reasonable to assume that it is not related to the recent filing; however, apparently that date is incorrect. The correct date is in the footer, and this is indeed the dismissal of the recent filing and can be found on PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records).

A92E7177-BFFA-4789-96A8-8A051E49BA46.jpeg

Last edited:

Waller

Legend
Justin Lanasa is 100% a grifter who doesn't think laws or social norms around money apply to him. When he ran for office there were 5 people who donated to his campaign. Four of them were Justin Lanasa, Justin W. Lanasa, Justin W. Lavasa, and Justin Lanaga.

This guy puts as much effort in his illegal finances as your average 12 year old does in faking their identity to log onto a website they've been banned from or are too young to access. He's -absolutely- trying to scam people out of cash, here.
Sadly, it's not actually illegal to donate to your own campaign, even if you do it under various dumb names. You can donate to your own campaign as much as you like. It's other people donating to you where the rules apply.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
Reading the dismissal, it is a dismissal of "CIVIL ACTION NO. 7:21-CV-0210-D".

Looking at the other documents on Tenkar's site, the complaint about the trademarks is identified as "Case 7:21-cv-00210-D Document 1 Filed 12/07/21 Page 1 of 10".

So this dismissal is as far as I can understand, the dismissal of the complaint filed 12 December 2021.

EDIT: Wait ... date formats, you foil me yet again! 12 December is tomorrow ... :D I guess "12/7" means "7 December" in USA ... Or is it "12 July?"

MarkB

Legend
Reading the dismissal, it is a dismissal of "CIVIL ACTION NO. 7:21-CV-0210-D".

Looking at the other documents on Tenkar's site, the complaint about the trademarks is identified as "Case 7:21-cv-00210-D Document 1 Filed 12/07/21 Page 1 of 10".

So this dismissal is as far as I can understand, the dismissal of the complaint filed 12 December 2021.
That's not what the dates on the above document say. It's dated 21st October, and the footer states that the document was filed on 12th September.

EDIT: Well, the date in the body of the document is clear. The date in the footer would be 9th December if it's in American format, which would place it after the date of dismissal, so I'm guessing it's actually in international date format.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
That's not what the dates on the above document say. It's dated 21st October, and the footer states that the document was filed on 12th September.
I apologise but for my own muddled mind, how is "12/07/21" parsed as 12th September? Not trying to be cute here, I live in Sweden and our date formats are YEAR-MONTH-DAY, so I get really confused with other formats.

Thanks!

Mort

Legend
Supporter
This is 100% the correct notice of dismissal. The document is just dated wrong.

Check the footer for the court stamped date. 12/09/21

I checked PACER this is the notice of dismissal.

MarkB

Legend
I apologise but for my own muddled mind, how is "12/07/21" parsed as 12th September? Not trying to be cute here, I live in Sweden and our date formats are YEAR-MONTH-DAY, so I get really confused with other formats.

Thanks!
From the document as it appears in the OP:

1639235084151.png

In UK date format, that would be 12th September 2021, which is how I originally read it. In US format it would be 9th December, but that's after the date of dismissal.

EDIT: Or maybe the date of 21st October is when the original claim was submitted, and the date in the footer is when this dismissal was submitted, which would make way more sense.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases