Umbrella academy season 3. No spoilers please

Hussar

Legend
So. Just watched the first episode. The dance sequence was a bunch of fun. Hopefully that’s not really a spoiler, it’s been all over the trailers and such.

Hitting a much different tone at the start. The characters feel much more developed and the dialogue was great. The relationships between the characters seem believable.

Funny how little things stick out though. In the flashback scene in Korea, it totally took me out of the scene when the girl is dressed like a Japanese student and not a Korean one. I know, no one really cares but it just stood out to me.

Would it have been that hard to take 39 seconds to look up what a Korean high school uniform looks like?

Hussar

Legend
Two episodes in and I'm really liking season 3. I missed this dysfunctional family.
This was a weird show for me.

I watched it when it first came out and really didn't like it very much. It was just too weird or I was in the wrong head space or I dunno. It just didn't click. So, I stopped after the first few eps. Then, bored one day, I rewatched them, this time with a bit of background in what the heck was going on and suddenly it clicked. The weird aesthetics of the show, the totally dysfunctional family, all that kind of stuff. I really started to like it.

So, yeah, season 3 is hitting the ground running for me. I'm about 3 episodes in now (4? I forget) and it really is a lot of fun.

Mezuka

Hero
This was a weird show for me.

I watched it when it first came out and really didn't like it very much. It was just too weird or I was in the wrong head space or I dunno. It just didn't click. So, I stopped after the first few eps. Then, bored one day, I rewatched them, this time with a bit of background in what the heck was going on and suddenly it clicked. The weird aesthetics of the show, the totally dysfunctional family, all that kind of stuff. I really started to like it.

So, yeah, season 3 is hitting the ground running for me. I'm about 3 episodes in now (4? I forget) and it really is a lot of fun.
After watching the very uneven (YA / boring / plot holes) Arrow, Flash and Supergirl it was a breath of fresh air when we discovered Umbrella Academy.

I'm very curious to see how the match-up against the Sparrow Academy will be resolved.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
After watching the very uneven (YA / boring / plot holes) Arrow, Flash and Supergirl it was a breath of fresh air when we discovered Umbrella Academy.

I'm very curious to see how the match-up against the Sparrow Academy will be resolved.

I loved Umbrella Academy, but haven't gotten around to S3 yet. Just ... too much stuff. Heck, I just finished the most recent season of Borgen (SO GOOD!).

But I'm replying to you because of the CW series callout. I remember when the Arrowverse first started ... with, you know, Arrow. It was shockingly good, for its time. First season of the Flash? Also excellent.

But now, other than the sadly-cancelled Legends of Tomorrow, the shows are terrible. At this point, I want to give a special call-out to Batwoman. I want to like that show, but now I'm just hate-watching it because ... ugh ... some of the acting is so bad. Not even "CW bad," I mean ... we are talking, "David Boreanz from season 1 of Buffy just called to tell you that you need acting lessons" bad.

But really, is it the fault of the show, or for me to continue to watch it?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Took a little bit for me to warm up to Umbrella Academy. I'm fully on board now, and its one of my favorite supers shows. The character development and relationships are just great. It also captures the right amount of weird that Doom Patrol has, but is more down to Earth. I also get some dark comedy like you had in Preacher. The writers and showrunners are just taking the best elements and hitting the right beats. Also, great great use of music.

Season 3 stuff:
Man, Luther is such a heartache :(
Glad to see Father back!
Claus never gets old.

Vanya into Victor stuff was done well. Didn't mess with the format or tone of the show.

Mezuka

Hero
I loved Umbrella Academy, but haven't gotten around to S3 yet. Just ... too much stuff. Heck, I just finished the most recent season of Borgen (SO GOOD!).

But I'm replying to you because of the CW series callout. I remember when the Arrowverse first started ... with, you know, Arrow. It was shockingly good, for its time. First season of the Flash? Also excellent.

But now, other than the sadly-cancelled Legends of Tomorrow, the shows are terrible. At this point, I want to give a special call-out to Batwoman. I want to like that show, but now I'm just hate-watching it because ... ugh ... some of the acting is so bad. Not even "CW bad," I mean ... we are talking, "David Boreanz from season 1 of Buffy just called to tell you that you need acting lessons" bad.

But really, is it the fault of the show, or for me to continue to watch it?
I could not watch Batwoman. The first season was ridiculously bad. No idea if it improved.

I often paint miniatures when I watch the CW Arrowverse shows, so it's not a complete lost of time. I did not finish any of the series.

Hussar

Legend
Yes, they handled the fact that one of their actors came out as trans very well!

Also, Klaus is my fav character.
Having no idea about the real life stuff about the actor, it was a bit of a surprise for me, but, wow, was that handled just pitch perfectly. Never became a "thing". It was just there, done, and became part of the story. Dunno. Not explaining myself too well. But, I did think they nailed it perfectly.

Remove ads