• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warriors Of The Coast OOC

Bront

The man with the probe
Yes, the traditions are not required, more an optional flavor thing.

Keep in mind the RP restrictions on some. In particular, the Ashwoods have a cool feet, but the RP restrictions would not let you be in our party because someone casts magic (Divine or Arcane, doesn't matter, it's all bad, which is ironic for a druid).

Velmont

First Post
Bront said:
Keep in mind the RP restrictions on some. In particular, the Ashwoods have a cool feet, but the RP restrictions would not let you be in our party because someone casts magic (Divine or Arcane, doesn't matter, it's all bad, which is ironic for a druid).

Yeah, I would like to have my druid be a good summoner, and the Ashbound feat is very interesting, but I don't like the roleplay restriction that come with it, it doesn't fit what I already written in my background, where Matthew was spying on the twins to see some magic. He is fascinated by it and I don't see him starting a crusade against the magic (and it told too in the feat description, against settlement! )

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Thanx to everyone who posted additional stuff over the weekend. I've made my final decisions on the last three characters, and it was a difficult one. In the end I just had to go with my gut on what would work best for the group, and the adventure the party is going on. If you weren't selected, my sincerest apologies for all your hard work, and you'll definitely be on my "to call" list should I need to bring in another character at a later point.

My last three selections are as follows:

Amycothe Dyne [Greatfrito]
Nelson Luttin [James Heard]
Taviss Jarga [Ringmereth]

For you three new selections as well as my previous five... I have put up a Rogue's Gallery thread which I'd love if you could all post your characters to. Please post ONLY your characters (history, appearance, crunch sheet) to that thread so that we can keep it clean. All questions/comments should be made over here. This way the thread will only consist of the eight character posts for easy viewing.

I'd also like to let you all know of the posting conventions I'd like to use once the game begins. It's standard PbP conventions really. Please select a dialogue color for yourself if you haven't already. All in-character dialogue should be in quotes and in that color. All of your character's thoughts should be in italics. All descriptions and such should be in standard white. All out-of-character (OOC) info you need to use in-post should either be prefaced by OOC: or you can put it in an sblock for any hidden views.

An example is thus...

"Where are you going?" Bob shouts, as the water level rises. I'm so dead.

OOC: How fast is the water rising in the trap?

Rolling dice can be done one of two ways (whichever is best for you personally). Either you can roll using invisible castle and link the rolls in your post, or you can have me roll for you. I myself don't use invisible castle for games I GM... I just use a random number generator and write out the results in-game. If you are afraid of me "cheating" on rolls... then you can roll them yourself. :) Otherwise, I'd be happy to do them.

Finally... for drothgery... go ahead and select as much jewelery and outfits as you need to fluff your character. I won't count it against your total starting GP (but I also won't let you sell it all for spending money either.) :)

Thanx much everybody, and I hope you all have a lot of fun. I'll be starting the game once we're all in place, everyone has posted and finalized their characters, and any further history tweakings to account for the new players has taken place. I'm guesing either Wed or Thu.

Velmont

First Post
Just too bad... two nice characters that had a good potential. I dunnot know if I'll ever have the chance to play them.

Good game to everyone!

drothgery

First Post
DEFCON 1 said:
Finally... for drothgery... go ahead and select as much jewelery and outfits as you need to fluff your character. I won't count it against your total starting GP (but I also won't let you sell it all for spending money either.) :)

Sell a Maria Vanatar original? How could she? :)

(More seriously, she's probably only dragging around one dress that's suitable for court, and it's certainly not what she normally wears, though for flavor purposes, most of what she carries looks nicer than standard-issue, but offers no mechanical benefit).

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Congrats to everyone, and best wishes to those that did not make it this time around.

Ringmereth: I just noticed your tie to Ari in your background; I'll try to flush out his connection later tonight/tomorrow.

Everyone else: I love everyone's high opinion of Ari. ;) He, of course, has nothing against you all; he is just doing his job.

Bront

The man with the probe
Amycothe Dyne [Greatfrito]
Nelson Luttin [James Heard]
Taviss Jarga [Ringmereth]

Cool, I'll tie them in in my background :)

Velmont, you'll find a game for them. I've been looking for a game for Zan for a while, it finaly happened :)

James Heard

Explorer
Cool, I'll try to finish the character and see about working everyone into the Luttin lifestyle by sometime tonight. This weekend got a little more hectic than I expected so I wasn't able to do as much as I thought. Damned mothers...why do they need a day anyways? ;)

Velmont

First Post
Bront said:
Velmont, you'll find a game for them. I've been looking for a game for Zan for a while, it finaly happened :)

Yeap, but I had a good feeling for this game. And with the crash, I have seen 4 of my games dying, and many others are slowing down. At least, LEW is still running well, I would have hate to lose Rinaldo.

DEFCON 1 said:
Rolling dice can be done one of two ways (whichever is best for you personally). Either you can roll using invisible castle and link the rolls in your post, or you can have me roll for you. I myself don't use invisible castle for games I GM... I just use a random number generator and write out the results in-game. If you are afraid of me "cheating" on rolls... then you can roll them yourself. :) Otherwise, I'd be happy to do them.

I prefer that YOU roll for me.

And congrats to the rest of the party.

Remove ads