Spelljammer Watch these preview videos -- SPELLJAMMER minis, Adventures in Space, Trailer

Here are three of the SPELLJAMMER preview videos shown during today's D&D Direct event.

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 5.46.58 PM.png

Last edited:

R_J_K75

Legend
Seems odd that the Rock of Bral is in the Astral Sea now and not Wildspace. Originally iirc it was supposed to be a travelling asteroid but later books I believe the Tethyr book officially placed it in the Tears of Selune in Realmspace. Ugh change for the sake of change makes me apprehensive.

It’ll be interesting to see how they handle this. Especially is the phlogiston and crystal spheres are out for 5E. Will the stop people from mentioning them or let it slide?
It might be possible to have one's cake and eat it too. I'm pretty sure I can incorporate both the apparent Astral Sea change together with the crystal spheres + phlogiston, making it compatible (more or less) with both the 5e book and the previous edition books simultaneously. I've been doing something similar with Nine Hells lore in an Asmodeus pamphlet I'm currently writing. The 4e books tried to describe the Nine Hells as planetary layers (underground after Avernus) rather than planar layers, which made it an interesting challenge to combine it with the previous editions' outdoor realm descriptions.

Last edited:

R_J_K75

Legend
It doesn't look like change for the sake of change. It looks like change for the sake of making the prior element more useful in the new situation.
Suppose that is a matter of opinion and the Rock of Bral can be placed wherever a DM wants. Guess we'll have to wait and see when the book comes out where they place it.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases