D&D Movie/TV Watch This Honor Among Thieves Clip (With a Cameo from the D&D Cartoon Adventurers!)

Paramount has shared a clip of Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. The 3-minute scene features the heroes navigating an arena maze, a displacer beast, a mimic, a gelatinous cube, the D&D cartoon characters, and Hugh Grant's villainous Forge Fitzwilliam.

Paramount has shared a clip of Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. The 3-minute scene features the heroes navigating an arena maze, a displacer beast, a mimic, a gelatinous cube, the D&D cartoon characters, and Hugh Grant's villainous Forge Fitzwilliam.

BB Shockwave

Explorer
<Posts clickbaity blog griping about how the movie has no respect for displacer beast rules and the producers can't be trusted>

j/k, looks great.

Only thing that surprised me was Neverwinter having lethal blood sports.
I suppose it would be downright impossible to show the displacement as it really is, since you'd just be attacking thin air and never see where the Displacer Beast really is... Frankly, I can accept this. Compared to the ridiculous amounts of (negative) changes the Transformers movies had to the source material, this is incredibly accurate to it. I am also loving the CGI, and really hoping we get toys of these creatures (we already do have one of the Gelatinous Cube).
Yeah, makes me wonder why people sign up for this game, it seems incredibly unfair and deadly... Unless they resurrect the losers at the end?
Also, Displacer Beasts are intelligent, if they weren't, this one would just sit down and eat the first victim, not hunt the others too. Maybe there is an arrangement with Forge and the kitty knows it has to hunt down the contestants?

How about this "clip" from the story . . .

"Just because you work in a dungeon, doesn't mean you have to smell like one." Truer words never spoken!
Everything is a Mimic! This is soooo true. :D

Yeah I noticed that too, I figured the kids never got home and really have been stuck there a long long time
Yeah, but they are not there anymore. This is Neverwinter, and they could easily get from there to Sigil and find a door to get home. The main reason in the show they could not get home is that the setting was not the Forgotten Realms, but a demiplane ruled by Venger, where he could pull people from other Material Plane worlds from, and nobody could escape.

They can' be the children from he cartoon, among other reasons because the DM can see the future and he wouldn' allow the children were "red shirts". Other reason should be copyright, but I guess that now could be totally fixed thanks some agreement between Hasbro and Disney because now merchandising products can be sold.
Hasbro just made toys of the original cartoon characters. Disney has nothing to do with the old toon, it was made by Toei and was a co-production of Marvel and TSR, so at most they would get some royalties but would have no say in the matter, as TSR rights are with WotC

"Arena maze" doesn't do it justice. I'd call it "The Most Amazing Engineering Marvel Ever to Grace the Entire Planescape." The poor slave labor underneath, lifting the pillars, probably call it something worse.
Honestly it reminds me of a 2D version of the Modron Cube adjustable 3D dungeon from Planescape Torment. I would not be surprised if it was a Modron creation Forge somehow "acquired"...

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads