• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WD's "Base of Operations" OCC

Voda Vosa

First Post
Thanks to all who supported Toruk by XP. Toruk's foundation for the big hulking uncomprehended children is growing each day thanks to your contributions.

One of the funniest characters I've ever played.

Rhun

First Post
I'm here...I'm personally for pushing on and dealing with the BBEGs...Rowan has used a lot of spells up, but I think he should have enough for one more encounter.

Kenku17

First Post
Im here...Id say back at the Keep...I mean, if we have most if not all of it controlled it would make good sense to put the fortification to good use.

Bihlbo

Explorer
Where to sleep has always been a confusing issue for me. While on the one hand it doesn't make any sense that a group of adventurers would work their way into a castle, kill a giant monster, then lean a chair against the doors and get a full night's sleep, it's still a genre trope. The game is built around the idea that people go adventuring in a dungeon and when they need to rest up before killing the BBEG they sleep a full uninterrupted 8 hours. It's pretty artificial to me, but that's the system.

So if we're playing a more realistic game, I'd say we pack everything up we can, take a hydra head as a trophy (because realistically that thing is invaluable) and hoof it back to town. After selling everything off and getting repairs and healing we kick back with some tankards at the tavern and sleep in the next day. When we're up and around we give a report to the authorities, see about replacing our lost party members, and plan to get an early start the next day.

Because if we leave the keep at all, how long we leave it makes little difference. Realistically, the orcs or whoever is running the place is going to take a few hours to set traps, call in some reinforcements, and get ready to expect us to return to finish what we started. We'll likely have just as hard a time getting through less bad guys, and we'll be back where we started - we need to get some rest before dealing with the BBEG.

But, unrealistically, and more D&D-esque if you ask me, we just sleep in the Hydra's room for 8 hours and then continue hacking and slashing our way through the joint. It really just depends on what kind of game you want it to be.

Remove ads