D&D (2024) What do you expect/hope to see in future playtest packets? (+)

TheSword

Legend
If you aren’t specialized, then what’s the point in having classes to begin with?
Well there is specialization and hyper specialization. One is good for the game… one Imho is bad for the game. An opinion I developed after 12 years of playing Pathfinder and 3e.

Hyper specialization trivializes challenges and often leaves the character vulnerable in other ways. It can also imbalance the party and cause friction with the DM when they either don’t allow each encounter to be trivialized or have the temerity to capitalize on a PCs weaknesses.

Wizards are cool. Wizards with spell DCs of 20+ are not fun for anyone other than the wizard. Ergo, cap Stats to 20

Last edited:

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
we are likely to see changes to base races again based on feedback and mostly classes and relevant feats beyond that unknowable.

d24454_modern

Explorer
Well there is specialization and hyper specialization. One is good for the game… one Imho is bad for the game. An opinion I developed after 12 years of playing Pathfinder and 3e.

Hyper specialization trivializes challenges and often leaves the character vulnerable in other ways. It can also imbalance the party and cause friction with the DM when they either don’t allow each encounter to be trivialized or have the temerity to capitalize on a PCs weaknesses.

Wizards are cool. Wizards with spell DCs of 20+ are not fun for anyone other than the wizard. Ergo, cap Stats to 20
Isn’t the point that other party members are supposed to cover each other’s weaknesses? I don’t see anything wrong with having a wide variety of challenges that can’t be overcome just by the Wizard having a high INT score.

TheSword

Legend
Isn’t the point that other party members are supposed to cover each other’s weaknesses? I don’t see anything wrong with having a wide variety of challenges that can’t be overcome just by the Wizard having a high INT score.
Because there aren’t many things that aren’t overcome with a DC 21 save. Few creatures can last against that and those that can seem
blaggy after unless used sparingly.

I’m all for DMs dropping the restrictions if they want. Though I usually see the call come from players. 🤷🏻‍♂️

aco175

Legend
Fix trinkets and components.
1661718331830.png

d24454_modern

Explorer
Because there aren’t many things that aren’t overcome with a DC 21 save. Few creatures can last against that and those that can seem
blaggy after unless used sparingly.

I’m all for DMs dropping the restrictions if they want. Though I usually see the call come from players. 🤷🏻‍♂️
It seems like DMs don’t like to increase creature difficulty. There are lots of ways to add countermeasures without it feeling like BS.

Branduil

Hero
With the new integration of Feats as a core part of the game, with levels and so on, I'm curious about how they'll work with ASIs. They also seem lower-powered in general (although them being Level 1 might be part of that).

I'm thinking they might do something like the ASI is +1 to ONE stat, and you also get a feat. This will allow players to not fall behind on their primary stat, while still benefiting from feats.

Remove ads