• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E What does your dream 4e Monster Manual contain?

JRR_Talking

First Post
No templates
No need to explain where every point of spot came from for the monster, or where point of BAB etc comes from

simple

oh yeah the book contains 100 iconic beasties.....all tied to mini release number 1

and then monsters released by theme, to match mini releases, available by the subcription thingey

00Machado

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I want to see a metric ton of choices for familiars.

Yes indeed.

In addition to the above, I'd like a nice combination of generic fantasy, D&D iconics and the unexpected (things that will surprise experienced players). I think templates would be a good way to achieve this last bit, but I'm open to others.

I'd also like less to navigate through in the stat blocks.

00Machado

First Post
Dalberon said:
A CD (that came with the book)with a program that will allow you to print 'Monster Cards' from you computer (cards with the pic/stats already on them). It would be even more wonderful if you could 'generate' or customize these cards before printing them.

A brilliant idea. Or just give me the code to open that application on the DI (though I like the CD better)

fuindordm

Adventurer
Gah! Please, please, not so many damn outsiders! Not all of us use the Great Wheel, you know. I like MoogleEmpMog's idea: remember the 1e DMG's appendix for random demons? :)

Since we probably must have a few, I'd say no more than 6 each of Angels (G), Demons (C), Devils (E), and Archons (L). Provide a few suggestions for tweaking to more specific alignments/servitor roles, and you're good to go. (I have no idea what archons would be--I haven't been happy with any of the lawful outsiders so far, but some of them might certainly be angel-like.)

As for other classics, I'd love to see plenty of 'organization', 'alien', and 'story-driven' monsters. I have fond memories of

Dark Creepers/Stalkers
Death Knights
Myconids
Nightwing/crawler/walker
Yuan-ti

Thurbane

First Post
PrinceXaxor said:
Core Yugoloths.
Agreed.

The non demon/devil/angel/archon outer planes denizens need some serious love.

I'd go so far as to say BRING BACK THE MODRONS! OK, they might look a wee bit comical, but at least they flesh out the LN planes more than a mere 3 inevitables...

Lord Zack

Explorer
Exemplars for all alignments and Genies for all elements in core. Maybe some NPCs, including Humans. Also Para and Quasi Elementals.

Howndawg

Explorer
der_kluge said:
Naked Dryad.

Naked Nymph.

Naked Succubus.

Naked Hag.

Ok. Maybe not that last one.

Buy RQ Monsters, cut out the appropriate pictures and paste them in your MM!

But seriously, I've seen a lot of good ideas here. I'd like to see:

More fair folk (brownies, leprechauns, etc)
Weirds that look like snakes instead of women
Yak men

Howndawg

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads