What film(s) have you seen the most times?

Mercurius

Legend
For me it is probably Excalibur. It was my favorite movie as soon as I saw it as a kid back in the early-to-mid 80s, and still one of my very favorite. I re-watch it every year or two, so probably have seen it about twenty times.

Then there's a group of films that I've probably seen about ten times, give or take a few - mostly films from my childhood, like the original Star Wars trilogy, Superman, Raiders of the Last Ark, Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan.

Then there's a larger group of films that I've maybe seen half a dozen times or so: other favorites like The Truman Show, Interstellar, Thunderheart, Pump Up the Volume, The Matrix, Inception, Signs, The Game, Redbelt, Blueberry, The Thin Red Line, sex lies and videotape, Out of Sight, and a few "comfort films" like When Harry Met Sally and Good Will Hunting, as well as some favorite classics like Network, Annie Hall, The Shining, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, etc. And a handful of childhood favorites like Conan the Barbarian, the Dark Crystal, The Emerald Forest, Dragonslayer. Oh, the Lord of the Rings belongs here. I'm sure there are more.

Then there are is a much larger group of films that I've seen two or three times, but the list is too long.

You?

Ryujin

Legend
"The Day the Earth Stood Still"; the original 1951 version. Second up would be "Forbidden Planet" just to see a rare unfunnt Leslie Nielsen. And don't call me Shirley. Third is no doubt "The Matrix."

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Aside from the original Star Wars trilogy? Blade Runner is probably the movie I've watched the most. Love Actually is high up there largely because my wife watches it multiple times every winter.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The 13th Warrior. It's one of my favorites. Braveheart I've seen several times.
Of course, the usuals, the original Star Wars, and Star Trek movies. Man of Steel is becoming one I watch often. The Dark Knight trilogy also.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I don't think I have a real count. Movies I've watched over and over again include...

The Lord of the Rings trilogy
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The original Star Wars trilogy
Conan the Barbarian
Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Blade Rrunner
The Last Unicorn
Master & Commander
The Last Dragon quite a few too, as my brother and I recorded it from the TV on VHS as teenagers and loved it.
13th Warrior
Love Actually is up there for me, too. My wife and I saw it in the theater when were dating and it was a mainstay in the marriage for a decade.
Ali G Indahouse got heavy rotation in that period as well.

Last edited:

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I watched the crap out of the Transformers and G.I. Joe animated films as a kid. Wore out those VHS!

A handful of movies I'll stop channel flipping and watch,
Fight Club
L.A. Confidential
Blade Runner
Pitch Black
Dark City
Shawshank Redemption
Back to The Future
Watchmen
Mad Max Fury Road
12 Monkeys
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.