• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E What happened to the errata/corrige?

Li Shenron

Legend
We got the PHB errata/corrige in late spring. Does anybody know what is the status for MM and DMG errata? At least I remember that it was mentioned already then, that the MM was going to receive at least one important update (probably with regard to damage reductions), but then I haven't heard anything at all anymore...

Remathilis

Legend
We got the PHB errata/corrige in late spring. Does anybody know what is the status for MM and DMG errata? At least I remember that it was mentioned already then, that the MM was going to receive at least one important update (probably with regard to damage reductions), but then I haven't heard anything at all anymore...
Isn't the stock answer "jury duty"?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
If was to venture a guess... the guys they have in the office probably have a list of things to work on and prioritize based on what it's determined is the most wanted/needed/time sensitive. I would note that we were given the 5E Conversion Notes only slightly after there had been a big ta-do about it here on the EN World boards with people up in arms that they had been promised and not yet been delivered. That might have been the flag that went up at WotC that made Mike tell Jeremy "Take a couple hours each day this week and bang the notes out and we can cross it off our list."

I would imagine the same thing might be true about the MM and DMG errata. Since no one has been making a big stink about them not being released yet, they all might have just left it to the side while working on a bunch of other more pressing stuff instead. Which, quite frankly, they probably are glad to do seeing as how as soon as they do release errata there's always another huge blow up of people who didn't want it and are now ranting about how WotC is telling them how to play their game (especially if they don't agree with the errata.) Being able to ignore a potential shitestorm is probably looked upon as a good thing on both sides of the ledger.

But if a bunch of people really want Monster Manual errata... a couple threads here that get up to 60+ pages about how WotC promised it to us and didn't deliver because they're a heartless companry run by an evil corporation that pulls the strings and none of them care about their fanbase, should do the trick. :p

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I've been running published adventures, so I haven't encountered the damage reduction issue yet. What is it that (possibly) needs to be errata'd?

Zaran

Adventurer
They want to make it more clear that monsters that are resistant to stabbing, cutting, and bashing are resistant even if the damage isn't from a weapon. Like from a wolf's bite or a radish.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
They want to make it more clear that monsters that are resistant to stabbing, cutting, and bashing are resistant even if the damage isn't from a weapon. Like from a wolf's bite or a radish.
A radish???

Like using a giant daikon radish as a club?

Thank you for that image--I think it made my morning. :D

Staffing is likely a big issue. Finding the time to do that stuff with so few people. They have to check each monster, which is likely time consumng. As a non-time sensitive project its likely always moved to the bottom of the pile.

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
I'd imagine they only want to do it once and are still collecting data and discussing.

The errata guy website had many errors - that really weren't errors.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads