• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What other boards do you post on/check out?

stevelabny

Explorer
www.comicbookresources.com comics, and their own version of books/movies/games forums that pale in comparison to ENWorld's. One time, I got threatened to be SUED for something I said. The people are mostly either dumb or pretentiously snobby BUT so far its the only comic board I've found that MIGHT actually have something intelligent buried on it. Apparently internet comic book fans ARE the biggest losers around. Except maybe the fan-fic people and Harry-Hermione shippers. Maybe.

www.fantasybaseballcafe.com for fantasy baseball. the also have a football version. And I believe they recently added basketball too. (and hockey?). This site used to be incredible back before it was discovered. Now every person who just learned how to play yesterday, uses any mish-mash of rules, and can barely speak English is a regular there. The moderators try, but the board still winds up being cluttered. But if you're into fantasy baseball, this is a decent resource once you learn which posters have half a brain. OR you can always structure your team by doing exactly the opposite of what most posters suggest. :D

www.wizards.com Not half as bad as some of the people here suggest. (Yes, ENWorld has its own snobs too. Apparently, every board does) The way the boards are split up is a little silly, but it makes for a great secondary d&d resource to here. The Eberron boards provide some great Eberron threads, (and I would assume the FR forum does the same, but who knows) and the other forums vary in their coolness, but I just don't think its lives up to the bad reputation it gets (used to get?) here.

www.maxminis.com To trade minis. Don't think it serves much other purpose.

www.gamefaqs.com Still haven't found a good video game forum, and this is more useful as a place to find cheat codes and walkthroughs, but the "mini-forum" for each game can provide assistance or conversation that is sometimes useful. Again, YMMV depending on the game.

www.onlineonslaught.com If you're a wrestling fan. A small, but mostly sane wrestling hangout.

http://pub26.ezboard.com/basoiaf The A Song of Ice and Fire board. After I finished Storm of Swords, I devoured this place. I'm sure that after reading Feast of Crows later this year, the place will be packed with good stuff.

after Serenity comes out, the official Serenity movie forums will be a fun place for a week or two to watch people rant and rave on. If you havent seen the movie yet, DO NOT go to these boards. (no link because I refuse to spoil the movie by accident)

Bront

The man with the probe
I used to be the Admin at Paintball.com's forums, but haven't frequented there for a while.

So, it's pretty much here. I've come and gone in several other forums, but this is realy the only gaming forum I've found that I've enjoyed. I will probably check out a few of the others, but I doubt I'd ever leave here for another forum.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
I manily lurk here, and on the WotC Eberron forums. I stop in to the Reaper forums from time to time, but mainly because a good chunk of my gaming group lives there.

In the past I checked out Mutants & Masterminds, Travellerd20, RPG.net and the Kenzer Kalamar boards, but stopped after my interests changed.

Mercule

Adventurer
Here and NTL (which isn't really a gaming board) are the only places I'm active. I very infrequently look at Paizo, and will read a thread at WotC when given a link. I don't think I've ever been to RPG.net. I'm technically a member of both the DND-L list and a worldbuilding list and used to be a very frequent (top five on DND-L) poster, but I haven't read anything from either in months. Oh, and I browse the White-Wolf forums sometimes, too.

For non-gaming, I read ASP.net. Occasionally, I'll visit somewhere else, but not as a permanent resident.

TroyXavier

First Post
WotC and Mutants and Masterminds mostly. Occasionally Tower of the Sun(Lone Wolf board), Green Ronin and Palladium(HU is good mining material for MNM). used to go to bad axe games but it's pretty dead. Rarely go to Mongoose as the only thing there I still play is Lone Wolf right now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads