• Wilden

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other

Votes: 104 61.5%

• Poll closed .

Ahnehnois

First Post
10 races=20 pages.

Given how much space is devoted to less important things in previous editions (150 pages for spells for example) I figure we can afford 20 pages of races in the PHB.
10 races is only a small fraction of this poll. I also hope the individual races are more mechanically involved than past races (think PF alternate race features or maybe even racial levels) and thus take up more space.

But even 20 pages I think is wasteful. And I'd rather have basic stats for a bunch of races than full write-ups for a few arbitrarily chosen ones (then you can actually have most of this list, which is more options, not less). I'd also rather avoid the hate targeted at half-races, gnomes, or any of the various 4e-isms, none of which I think are going to be played often enough to justify devoting multiple pages in the core books to them. So again, let's put the focus on humans and think in terms of adding options around them.

avin

First Post
Still need to se to believe that all Halfling votes are for people who really play it or just want them in, for the sake of tradition.

Last edited:

Ratskinner

Adventurer
Still need to se to believe that all Halfling votes are for people who really play it or just want them in, for the sake of tradition.

I know I'm only one guy, but halflings are usually my "go to" race. Although less so as the editions went up and races became more a small collection of small bonuses.

Danzauker

Adventurer
Good God! I forgot Dwarf!!!! Somehow, I must have overlooked them.

Happens, when they're so short.

Anyway, I voted Human, Elf, Dwarf (other, actually), Halfling, so that classicist and tolkeniards can play the game they want, plus Orc, Pixie, Dragonborn, Minotaur and Shifter, so a lot of other archetypes can be covered (outcast/bad race, fairy, scaly, hulk and furry).

If thri-kreen had been there I would have given them a thought so to have an insect race.

Last edited:

mkill

Adventurer
Dragonborn 45%! F** yeah! Tiefling 41%! Huzzah!

'nuff said.

PS: make half-races templates or whatever. I'll play a full orc if I want something with tusks.

Also, sentient bears.

Hassassin

First Post

In our group halflings are almost as common as elves and way more common than gnomes.

Human >> dwarf >= elf > halfling > half-elf > gnome > half-orc > any other race.

avin

First Post
In our group halflings are almost as common as elves and way more common than gnomes.

Human >> dwarf >= elf > halfling > half-elf > gnome > half-orc > any other race.

Creatures such as Dragonborn, Tiefling, Shadar Kai, Aasimar or Warforged are allowed?

Hassassin

First Post
Creatures such as Dragonborn, Tiefling, Shadar Kai, Aasimar or Warforged are allowed?

Depending on campaign aasimar and tieflings may be. Also drow, genasi and some "monster" races have been seen (at least centaur comes to mind). The others don't exist in 3.5 Realms.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads