Wheel of Time Discussion - Spoilers(with book spoilers)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
No way that will happen. They're setting up Tower politics early after all! Plus the showrunner states his favorite part of the books involves Tower politics (concerning Egwene in the Tower in the later books to be precise)...
Yeah, that's also one of the best parts of the series, very well drawn out.

However, I think the plot lines there could be expedited without major sacrifices.

Yeah, that's also one of the best parts of the series, very well drawn out.

However, I think the plot lines there could be expedited without major sacrifices.
Also cut down Elayne's struggles to hold the throne of Andor. No need to cut it entirely, just cut it down a lot lol. And massively shorten the whole Faile kidnapping plotline.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Also cut down Elayne's struggles to hold the throne of Andor. No need to cut it entirely, just cut it down a lot lol. And massively shorten the whole Faile kidnapping plotline.
Honestly, most of the cutting wouldn't even need to be plot elements: cutting down description and travelog elements, and truncating meetings, would go a long way.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The weather and the bowl of winds. They could ditch that entirely and take the few cool parts and move them to other storylines.
I thought of that: bringing in the Windfinders and the Kin probably needs to happen sometime, but that plot can be truncated fairly heavily for the show, I would agree.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don't think that they should ditch those. They should just greatly shorten the acquisition and use of the bowl.
That's how I feel about it: seems like it could be an episode plot, rather than what we got in A Crown of Swords (though I personally like the slow and Byzantine octopus of a plot, it isn't really binging material?).

hawkeyefan

Legend
I don't think that they should ditch those. They should just greatly shorten the acquisition and use of the bowl.

They definitely have to shorten it, at the very least.

I mention it mostly because it’s one of the few long storylines that takes a significant amount of space but which isn’t “necessary”.

I use quotes because they could alter just about anything to make it less required for later events. But that one doesn’t even really need to be altered all that much. It can just be removed, and all the bits with the girls and Moghedien and all that can just take place as part of other storylines.

It’s just (to my mind) a significant amount of time that can be removed without much impact, and it’d save space for more vital things that ai don’t want to see shortened.

Remove ads