D&D 5E Why does Wizards of the Coast hate Wizards?

Tony Vargas

Legend
I thought we were against comparing to previous editions ;)
It was the last time I could think of that the choice of weapon would even remotely change the AC you were targeting.

Ironically, in 1e spell saves were typically saves vs spells, and monster saves simply got better with HD, not such big swings from one save to another.

Since 3.0, forcing the right save has often made a big difference.

Arnwolf666

Adventurer
if they don’t want to give wizards more damage then they need to up their utility and number of encounter or at will abilities. Starting with expertise with the arcana skill.

Ashrym

Legend
if they don’t want to give wizards more damage then they need to up their utility and number of encounter or at will abilities. Starting with expertise with the arcana skill.

Why?

"Need" is a strong word. Skills is the bard thing. At-will is the warlock thing. Spell nova is the sorcerer thing. Utility through magic is the wizard thing.

This we can see in rituals, the spells in the spell list, and the greater number of spells on hand that prep gives. Among other things, that does make it easier for wizards to target weak saves, which is a strong ability.

There are advantages to every arcane caster.

Arnwolf666

Adventurer
Why?

"Need" is a strong word. Skills is the bard thing. At-will is the warlock thing. Spell nova is the sorcerer thing. Utility through magic is the wizard thing.

This we can see in rituals, the spells in the spell list, and the greater number of spells on hand that prep gives. Among other things, that does make it easier for wizards to target weak saves, which is a strong ability.

There are advantages to every arcane caster.
I am using need as an expression. Not some legal document. The same way my daughter needs a another outfit and daddy needs a new rpg book.

Undrave

Legend
You can pick up cantrips with a feat, you can pick up the Battlemaster Maneuvers with a Feat... you can't pick up Fighting Styles, you can't pick up Expertise (unless you're a human/half-elf) and you can't pick up Metamagic options from the Sorcerer.

I feel like there should be more of the 'Multiclassing-Lite' style of feats.

Remove ads