• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Women, with a diffrent theme (last addition: Tiefling fighter type)

Khorod

First Post
CL that seems pretty darned impressive to me for two lunchbreaks.

Give her a helmet and she could pretend to be a Dark Elf Iron Golem... that would be a very interesting drow deception to play with.

And the golem removes its head, and a voice comes out from the dark hollow of its neck. And lightnings burst into you.

Chain Lightning

First Post
papa_laz wrote:
Although that sword looks a bit to big for her to use with a shield aswell.

You're totally right. Drew it too fast and wasn't thinking. Good call.

Khorod wrote:
CL that seems pretty darned impressive to me for two lunchbreaks.

Thanks Khorod for the compliment. But really it isn't. :) You assume my lunchbreak was probably like an hour each right? Heh heh. They were more like an hour and a half each. I'd be drawing and then look up at the clock and see that my lunch is up. Then I'd look down the hall and notice that the boss isn't back from lunch yet so I'd draw for another half an hour. I'm such a bad employee huh?:D

But seriously all it I did was sketch it out in pencil, go to the copy machine and copy it dark. Then take the copy and slap my markers on it.

I'd like to think tha if I had more time I could've polished it more. That and fix mistakes. Like her sword being too big. I also wanted to do more elaborate decorations etched in her armor too. But I decided to go with none to save time. The only decoration is on her shield and that's even not that complicated. It's only two shapes really. With more time I could've probably done more elaborate patterns and runes associated with a lot of fantasy armor you'd usually see. Maybe on another piece I'll have fun with doing some fancy armor.

My next thing is trying to do alsih2o's "iron d.m. illustrators version?(new one)". They're doing a FOOTPRINTS theme assignment and I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna draw. Should be fun.

Hey Liquide, if you do another warrior woman drawing I'd love to see you do one with an action pose. Maybe one where she's slashing some foe or something. That would look cool.

Last edited:

s/LaSH

First Post
On the topic of heavy swords:

A sword comes with a heavy metal scabbard, swordbelt, probably some buckles and maybe even a steel/flint to keep it sharp. Now I don't know about larger swords, but the rapier I own is only a little heavier than its scabbard, and most of that weight is in the handle.

So a sword's listed weight and weight-in-hand are two very different things...

On the topic of Chain Lightning's art:

Yeah, that's pretty cool! The sword does look rather big, but if it's adamantite, it's probably pretty light, and magic to boot - I'd see no problem with its use. (Honestly, that crosspiece design screams 'I'm enchanted!')

I won't post any of my own art here, because right now the most decent (up to date fantasy) piece I have involves three seashells and that's about it. It's a cultural thing, honest. (Underwater, heavy metal armour isn't the best idea...) Still, you can go look for yourself if you want... if you look hard enough, you'll find some heavy armour.

CCamfield

First Post
Ahhh, so she uses Monkey Grip on her sword. :)

Chain, that is a great-looking picture!

As far as sword weights are concerned, if this zweihander weighs only 9 pounds, even if you consider whether it might be made with better, lighter metal than in older times, the idea of a 9 kg two-handed sword is difficult to believe.

Ziona

First Post
Chain Lightning said:
With this dark elf warrior, a lot of her armor is large and unflattering to her figure. The upper chainmail sleeves are huge (probably leaving about 2inches of space between her real arm and the inside of the sleeve). She wears divided skirts instead of skin tight leather. Her shoulder pads are wide and large. She kinda looks like girls who borrow their boyfriend's sweaters. Heh heh.

Anyways, hope you like. Tell me what you think and thanks for letting me give it a try too.

Just wanted to say that I think your illustration is beautiful! I play a half-drow cleric of Eilistraee, and I have to say that I couldn't help but think of my character when I saw your drawing (even though Ziona wears enchanted chainmail bikini).

I don't really care much for the "cheesecake" art, and I find that something that shows the strength & femininity of a female character is better, and you've certainly captured it in your illustration! :)

Remove ads