19. <Empty>
20. Ravenswood
21. <Empty>
22. Risen, March of
23. The Southern March
24. Freehold of last cape

I got this from here:

http://members.aol.com/looleee/principalities-map.gif

Any that say <Empty> by it are free to create whatever manner of place they wish and place it there. Please stay within the setting guidelines, ie no fiendlord lands there please. This is the kessel bear in mind.

Any that are complete please tell me so I can cross them off the list.

Any that wish to be worked on or have been worked on notify me.

Anyone that wishes to work on one, feel free.

GreyOne

Explorer
Notes and liege lords for some of the Principalities.

Red Harbour is quite detailed. (Grey King)

Kelderan was sword-dancer's final settlement area for the Horse and Lion Peoples who fled the north after the Fertile One's hordes advanced. (Grey King)

The March of Riisen (two i's) is supposed to be a borderland area that directly answers to the Grey King. (Grey King)

Abbaye is a city state and rival to Red Harbour. (Grey King)

The Orchard Fief was a breadbasket for the Forge (Lord of Blades)

Ravenswood would be quite lawless and mysterious (as the Great Forest of Ravens is such a place) (Lord of the Wild maybe)

Dunland was a hilly region (someone else came up with the name, but he appears to be long gone) that produced excellent soldiers (Grey King I guess)

Grand Duchy of Kercim is another rival of Abbaye and Red Harbour (Grey King)

I think its the Egranian Holdfast rather than the Coranian Holdfast (the Grey King's principal Principality since his capital, Egran is located here)

GreyOne

Explorer
I have quite a few scribblings for Riisen, Chausir, Abbaye, the Orchard Fief and Dunland, nothing ready to post though.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
GreyOne said:
Notes and liege lords for some of the Principalities.

1. Red Harbour is quite detailed. (Grey King)

2. Kelderan was sword-dancer's final settlement area for the Horse and Lion Peoples who fled the north after the Fertile One's hordes advanced. (Grey King)

3. The March of Riisen (two i's) is supposed to be a borderland area that directly answers to the Grey King. (Grey King)

4. Abbaye is a city state and rival to Red Harbour. (Grey King)

5. The Orchard Fief was a breadbasket for the Forge (Lord of Blades)

6. Ravenswood would be quite lawless and mysterious (as the Great Forest of Ravens is such a place) (Lord of the Wild maybe)

7. Dunland was a hilly region (someone else came up with the name, but he appears to be long gone) that produced excellent soldiers (Grey King I guess)

8. Grand Duchy of Kercim is another rival of Abbaye and Red Harbour (Grey King)

9. I think its the Egranian Holdfast rather than the Coranian Holdfast (the Grey King's principal Principality since his capital, Egran is located here)

I numbered your responses for better order in responding.

1. It was covered in the .pdf I remeber.
2-5. Where was it detailed and how well?
6. Must be new area so it still needs work.
7. New name for it perhaps? Mark it as empty?
8. Where was it detailed and how well?
9. so this is basically a douchy/barony/county type that egran holds sway over?

Last edited:

The Burned Man

First Post
The political structure of the kessle is described here:

http://www.d20reviews.com/Daemonforge/lords/divinemandate.htm

The Grey King:

The highly populated areas of the Kessel are divided into many principalities, semi-autonomous entities that pledge their allegiance to various patrons. All in all there are 21 principalities, the largest having millions of inhabitants. Largest of these is the ancient nation of Egrania, domain of the Grey King.

He rules directly over his own domain while other principalities are ruled by princes who offer their fealty to him.

Some princes gain their power by the right of birth and their authority is absolute. (Totalitarian)

Others must abide by the decisions of Assemblies representing the people of the principality. (Parliemantarian)

Some princes are even elected forth by the assemblies, some for life other for a fixed amount of time. (Republics)

The princes are expected to annually attend the Grand Assembly, which takes place under the Grey King. During this meeting various matters of the land are taken care off. The princes are kept under the watchful eye of the Grey Kings clergy, the ?????.

(never came up with a name for his Church/Clergy)

Two principalities are under the direct control of the Lord Of Blades, who holds the title of prince over both regions. Each of these principalities are controlled by one chosen General.

Two other principalities are considered the domains of the Lord Protector, each run day to day by a Master.

One of the coastal principalities swear allegiance to the Mistress Of The Sea as the Assembly of the region elected her as princess for life.

--------

This was a rough outline.

The Burned Man

First Post
2. Kelderan was sword-dancer's final settlement area for the Horse and Lion Peoples who fled the north after the Fertile One's hordes advanced. (Grey King)

http://www.d20reviews.com/Daemonforge/broken/barbarian.html

excerpt:

Many an inhabitant of the northern part of the Kessel can trace his
lineage to the Horse and Lion peoples. A few principalities are known to
use chariots in war as did their ancestors.

In the first days that the Clans arrived in the Kessel, they formed a
realm called Kelderan. Over time and with the formation of the Great
Pact, Kelderan became a principality of the Kessel. The ruler of this
principality is a Warking, chosen by the druids who form the highest
authority. The druids follow the Mother, The Lord of Beasts (they see
him as the chosen defender of the Mother), and the Spirits of Wolf,
Lion, Horse, Deer etc. They honour the Patrons as chosen Leaders, but
don`t see them as true gods, not yet. According to the Great Pact they
offer fealty to the Grey King. Nearly all arcane spellcasters are Bards
and Sorcerers, most Wizards will be Druid/Wizards or Bard/wizards.

The Druids of the clans have never chosen another Druidess Queen,
because no Omen or Vision had held a sign that she was dead or unfit for
her duty.

-----------

4. Abbaye is a city state and rival to Red Harbour. (Grey King)

http://www.d20reviews.com/Daemonforge/kessel/redharbor.htm

Red Harbour often finds itself beset by the reavers and corsairs of the northern Shattered Isles. It also contends with the machinations of its fellow cities to the south and to the west, most notably Abbaye. Indeed a common insult in Red Harbour for a loud or obnoxious person is to call him or her an "Abbayan fool/dolt", or the more derogatory "abbaili".

----------------

A good idea would be to print out the present PDF and use it for referenc, it does contain most of the basic ideas.

Also a good idea would be to move some stuff from their present positions as History and Geography is mixed causing confusion...

GreyOne

Explorer
I mentioned the March of Riisen in two of the Adventure Threads and also in the Ivrelum piece. Not too much detail.

Perhaps Abbaye or Kercim could be the principality owing allegiance to the Mistress.

If the Lord of Blades has the fealty of only two principalities, they would be Imperialus's Hobgoblin one and the Orchard Fief, right?

BM, perhaps we could increase the total principalities by a small number as L. Ron has done more than 21 on the map. Easier to change numbers in text.

The Burned Man

First Post
There could be other locations such as the Raven Woods which are not principalities...

..other than that it´s just a number and it can be changed. No special significance to it...

"If the Lord of Blades has the fealty of only two principalities, they would be Imperialus's Hobgoblin one and the Orchard Fief, right?"

Sounds good.

Observe that according to the structure I´ve envisioned, the Grey King still holds certain rights over them too. (I wanted a complicated political structure sort of like the holy-roman empire)

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
GreyOne said:
The Holy-Roman Empire is how I saw it too, with lots of rivalry thats only kept in check by the Great Pact.

care to clarify? The Holy Roman Empire is done up how? with many realms run by a governer and then divided up down farther into more micromanaged realms? Care to expand on how it's divided up?

Remove ads