• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WOT Adventure] OOC Thread 2

i definatly agree with some of your points and obviously disagree at least a little with others. As far as the fear factor, i concider two things, midlander stubberness, and the fact that Jain was standing up to her becuase he was worried about his friends. I'd say that if it was a personnal arguement between the two of them and the only one to be affected was jain he'd back down. The other thing is Jain doesn't have a pair of stat blocks he can compair so he can't compare brainpans with out confronting her.

I'll definatly take the things you guys mentioned, and us the advice to help with the problem. I just think Jains recations and questions weren't all that, in left field.

Valkys

First Post
I think the questions were just fine. I think it was what was added with the questions that was, itself questionable. Did that make sense?

Yup, makes sense. I don't know it seemed like something meathead have stuck in his craw and blurt out. Plus early mornings leave me fuzzy headed and irritable, that probably had some impact, but on the whole i gots to stand up for my boy Jain, he doesn't trust the woman and she's in a possition to get his friends hurt. Jain don't like that.

Valara Saar

First Post
If the boards keep going down, what do we want to do? Change of Venue? Our own backup boards might be a good idea. Thoughts?

Oops, this is Shalimar.

Last edited:

Tay-Dor

First Post
Hey...in the same vein of people respecting Aes Sedai....

people should be treating Lord Tomas a bit more respectfully...he is a Noble. Even if he is a jerk sometimes. You don't see nobles getting treated like dirt by Aes Sedai in the books unless the Aes Sedai are pretty powerful.

I'm not saying ya gotta fawn all over him...but half the characters have tried to talk to Tomas like he's a kid, or just one of the guys.

Valkys

First Post
Just like some characters think Aes Sedai aren't worth respecting, some people think Nobles aren't worth respecting. Sirsei respects Shalimar because seh's a friend from the Tower, not because she's lady Shiawase. It's nothing personal, but Sirsei's mom told her bad things about nobles and she doesn't like them and doesn't feel they deserve her respect unless they've earned it somehow. Tomas hasn't.

drothgery

First Post
Originally posted by Shalimar
If the boards keep going down, what do we want to do? Change of Venue? Our own backup boards might be a good idea. Thoughts?

I'm not sure yet.

The current situation (the boards dying at about 10am PST every day) is completely unacceptable. I'm vetoing two proposed alternatives, ezboards and playbyweb.com because I don't think I could deal with either of them.

So I'm considering
1) Hoping ENWorld gets their issues straightened out.
2) Moving things to WotC's boards somewhere.
3) Moving to MSN Communities.

Enforcer

Explorer
If we could move to another set of boards like these, I think that'd be for the best. I don't know if there's another rpg site with this style of boards that would have us, though. I'm still hoping that Morrus and co. will get this straightened out, however.

And it looks like I may have made Dave think about the Blademaster PrC for nothing, as the rate things are going, I'll be Shalimar's Warder after all. We'll just have to wait and see.

drothgery

First Post
Enforcer said:
If we could move to another set of boards like these, I think that'd be for the best. I don't know if there's another rpg site with this style of boards that would have us, though. I'm still hoping that Morrus and co. will get this straightened out, however.

Well, MSN Communities aren't strictly RPG-related but they're free, have a UI that isn't bad, and can be set up so that anyone can read them but only members can post. And I'm already playing one game in an MSN community. So if we end up moving, it'll probably be there.

Enforcer said:
And it looks like I may have made Dave think about the Blademaster PrC for nothing, as the rate things are going, I'll be Shalimar's Warder after all. We'll just have to wait and see.

Which was the one problem that I noticed with my blademaster. It doesn't stack well with Warder; four of the class abilities are common to both classes so a Blademaster/Warder would probably just take one level of Warder. In general, Warders are better against multiple enemies, and my blademaster is better against single enemies, I think.

Remove ads