• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WOT Adventure] OOC Thread 2

Just so all of you know, i'm officaly back to work as of today. There for i'm only going to be able to post before 9 a.m. and after 5:30/6:00 p.m.. I just wanted you guys to know why it may seem like i'm posting less.:D

drothgery

First Post
blademaster attempt, take two

This is influenced by the Duelist from Sword and Fist, the rulebook Blademaster, the Warder, and suggestions in this thread.

One note here: I think Composure is supposed to represent the Flame-and-Void technique, which is why it figures so centrally in the pre-reqs for this class.

The easiest way to meet the requirements is as a 6th-level Armsman with a Masterpiece sword, I think.

Changes from prior version:
-> Added Reputation pre-req
-> Increased hit die to d10
-> Increased defense progression to top out at +5
-> Eliminated Spring Attack, Blademaster Strike +3d6, Enhanced Mobility
-> Added second levels of Defensive Awareness, Superior Weapon Specialization, Improved reflexes
-> Rearranged ability progression

Requirements
-BAB +6
-Composure: 3 ranks
-Balance: 5 ranks
-Feats: Dodge, Weapon specialization (any sword), mobility, skill emphasis(composure)

Hit dice: d10

Class skills: Balance(Dex), Composure (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (weaponry) (Int), Listen (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Tumble (Dex)

Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier

Code:
[COLOR=#ffffcc]
lev bab fort ref will def rep  special
-------------------------------------------
  1  +1  +0   +2  +0   +1  +1  Blademaster Defense
  2  +2  +0   +3  +0   +2  +0  Superior Weapon Focus
  3  +3  +1   +3  +1   +2  +1  Defensive Awareness (Dex)
  4  +4  +1   +4  +1   +2  +0  Blademaster strike +1d6
  5  +5  +1   +4  +1   +3  +1  Eyes of the Crane  
  6  +6  +2   +5  +2   +3  +0  Superior Weapon Specialization
  7  +7  +2   +5  +2   +4  +1  Defensive Awareness (can't be flanked)
  8  +8  +2   +6  +2   +4  +0  Blademaster strike +2d6
  9  +9  +3   +6  +3   +4  +1  Improved reflexes
 10 +10  +3   +7  +3   +5  +0  Improved Critical  
[/COLOR]

Abilities:
Defensive Awareness, Superior Weapon Focus, Improved reflexes: As per Warder

Eyes of the Crane: As per the rulebook Blademaster

Blademaster Defense: When not wearing armor, Blademasters add their Wisdom bonus (if any) to their Defense while weilding a melee weapon. If caught flat-footed or otherwise denied his dexterity bonus, he also loses this bonus.

Blademaster strike: At 4th level, the blademaster gains the ability to find openings in defense and gaps in their armor, gaining a bonus 1d6 damage to his normal damage roll. Blademaster strike does not work against creatures immune to critical hits for any reason. Every four levels, he increases the additional damage by +1d6.

Superior Weapon Specialization: The Blademaster's attacks with one type of sword that he has specialized in do even more damage, adding a +2 to all damage rolls. This stacks with the bonus damage from Weapon Specialization.

Last edited:

Enforcer

Explorer
I'm digging the new Blademaster, Dave. One thing, it takes 10 levels of Armsman to get a reputation of 4--you might as well axe that and just add the Fame feat to the prereqs.

drothgery

First Post
Enforcer said:
I'm digging the new Blademaster, Dave. One thing, it takes 10 levels of Armsman to get a reputation of 4--you might as well axe that and just add the Fame feat to the prereqs.

Perhaps I should have explicitly mentioned that the Reputation bonus from a masterwork or masterpiece weapon (+1 or +2, respectively) counts here. Also, you can earn Reputation from role-playing.

Valkys

First Post
drothgery said:

Also, you can earn Reputation from role-playing.

Never discount roleplaying. It's also important in the d20 Star Wars RPG. Anyway, if we continue to RP like we are, then our reputations should, eventually, be made.

Enforcer

Explorer
drothgery said:

Perhaps I should have explicitly mentioned that the Reputation bonus from a masterwork or masterpiece weapon (+1 or +2, respectively) counts here. Also, you can earn Reputation from role-playing.

Ah, understood. Me likey then. :)

Enforcer

Explorer
Sir Osis of Liver said:
Uh, Enforcer, were you going to get in on Valkys Cthulhu game?

I know absolutely nothing about Call of Cthulu other than H.P. Lovecraft wrote the stories and they involve ancient tentacled evil. I also don't own the rulebook and honestly have no intention of getting it. I assume all of that info pretty much rules me out. :)

Valkys

First Post
LOL. Shalimar also has no rulebook(Unless you bought it at some point, Shalimar?). And I've posted oh, a dozen times that I thought people didn't need to buy it unless they were planning to DM it.

It hardly rules you out. Read the thread. If you have interest, you're more than welcome. That goes for you too, Dave.

And if you're having troubles with a character concept, I have NPCs with stats and skills, everything from Ashrem Grandmother to Shalimar's roommates(all 4 of them) to a hulking bruiser of a Mafia bodyguard.

If you're not interested, no worries there, either. But I'd be happy to have you.

Last edited:

Remove ads