• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[WOT Adventure] OOC Thread 2

Valkys

First Post
Hey, I can't help it. I used the online dice roller too. In fact, Shalimar, every one of my NPCs used the online roller, and the only one who doesn't have pretty good stats is Ashrem's grandmother. Go figure. And when you add her age... she's feeble.

dscrank

First Post
No wonder I got such poor rolls--it's giving all of the good stats to NPCs :) Well, I'm really not such a big fan of the Cthulhu Mythos--the remorseless hopelessness doesn't appeal to me. I like the idea of horror games, since I've always felt being at an incredible disadvantage encourages intelligent role-playing, but if you don't mind, I think both I and my character will hold out some hope that there is something good in the Universe.

drothgery

First Post
<DM notes that Ash is, in the long run, likely to be a five-class Wanderer / Armsman / Wilder / Initiate / Asha'man, and so won't be all that great in melee even with a Power-wrought blade...>

Last edited:

OOC: If Ash were an armsman, I would have used something different. But with Yuri the only character who can hold his own in a straight-up fight when my dice aren't bouncing funny (hence, Tomas' surprising combat prowess and Ash and Jain's surprising ineptness), I don't think its a big deal.

I know what you mean about your wonky dice! When i created Jain i envisioned him as an awe inspireing whirlwind of death, but your dice just won't coperate!:D

OOC: You do realize that she's got six levels on you, and has better mental stats, right?

Sorry i always have had trouble with the whole Xp vs. in character life experiance deal. Jain has spent a great deal of time traveling, learning things, experiancing differnt cultures, ect. I understand that Lila has more experiance points than him, but from his point of view he's experianced alot. Thats basically the rub for me on this topic. I guess it's probably one of the areas i have the hardest time with in role play.

The mental stat deal is pretty much the same thing. There's a rub between character stats and character interpitation. I was conseidrering Jain to be well above avarge intelligence and above avarge in wisdom(i also plan to sink most of my stat increases into these areas), he really has no clue how smart Lila is, he can just go by what is said and call them how he sees them.

Feal free to hook up the imput on this one, it can only help my role play right?:D

drothgery

First Post
Sir Osis of Liver said:
Sorry i always have had trouble with the whole Xp vs. in character life experiance deal. Jain has spent a great deal of time traveling, learning things, experiancing differnt cultures, ect. I understand that Lila has more experiance points than him, but from his point of view he's experianced alot. Thats basically the rub for me on this topic. I guess it's probably one of the areas i have the hardest time with in role play.

I guess I kind of expect normal people to be somewhat defferential to Aes Sedai in general, if they're not outright terrified of them. And you know very little about this Aes Sedai in particular, but you do know angering Aes Sedai is usually a bad idea.

Sir Osis of Liver said:
The mental stat deal is pretty much the same thing. There's a rub between character stats and character interpitation. I was conseidrering Jain to be well above avarge intelligence and above avarge in wisdom(i also plan to sink most of my stat increases into these areas), he really has no clue how smart Lila is, he can just go by what is said and call them how he sees them.

Jain's 14 int, 12 wis; Lila's 17 int, 16 wis; her first stat increase went to int. She was built by pretty much the same rules as everyone else, except that she started at 7th level (she was created at first for Silverhawk's potential game, then tweaked a bit).

And even if it weren't, she's an Aes Sedai. Everyone in the Westlands expects Aes Sedai to know more than other people, Brown Ajah even more than other Aes Sedai.

Last edited:

Valkys

First Post
Basically, Jain is clever, but Lila is a borderline genius. And Jain has some common sense, but Lila's got a lot more. Jain has travelled and done things, while Lila has either 1)done more travelling and doing things, 2) studied more and benefited from training, or 3) both 1 & 2. And while she isn't much older than the rest of them, in a setting like this, and even in real life, 3 years can make a huge difference.

I have learned a lot and done many things in the last 3 years, personally. Lila has too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads