• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E WotC Shares Theros Table of Contents

WotC has shared the table of contents of Mythic Odysseys of Theros. Well, part of it, at least. Update -- thanks to "obscureReviewer" on Twitter, here's a fuller image!

WotC has shared the table of contents of Mythic Odysseys of Theros. Well, part of it, at least.

table of contents.jpg

Update -- thanks to "obscureReviewer" on Twitter, here's a fuller image!

EZRMn-tUcAUe5g_.jpg

Perun

Mushroom
The advantage against spell is neat and powerful. Yuan-ti got this and yet, no one at my table plays one. Come to think of it, it might be because I don't allow Yuan-ti, Veldaken and other non phb races unless fully related to a specific setting. :cool::ROFLMAO:

We've got a yuan-ti pureblood Paladin of the Ancients in our current campaign, Dex 18 & Cha 20 (rolled stats, 11th level now). Advantage and +5 bonus to all saves vs. spells. It's hard not to be green with envy. My sorcerer, with a +3 bonus to Will saves, has failed so many saves vs. mind-affecting spells, he's gone slightly insane from the effort :p

The advantage against spell is neat and powerful. Yuan-ti got this and yet, no one at my table plays one. Come to think of it, it might be because I don't allow Yuan-ti, Veldaken and other non phb races unless fully related to a specific setting. :cool::ROFLMAO:
I think power gamers tend to be aware of the yuan-ti, but they aren't popular because they don't get a full entry in Volo's, and most players aren't keen on the idea of playing an evil snake person anyway.

Satyrs get to be resistant to magic and cute.

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
If you can take down Tiamat or the Tarresqe with a pointy stick, Kaiju arent much of a difference.
Scale. Sure, Tiamat's big, as is the Tarrasque. Ol' big G's larger though

The best scale thing I can find suggests Ghidorah towers over Tiamat and based on eyeballing it, Godzilla is twice Tiamat's size easy.

I think power gamers tend to be aware of the yuan-ti, but they aren't popular because they don't get a full entry in Volo's, and most players aren't keen on the idea of playing an evil snake person anyway.

Satyrs get to be resistant to magic and cute.
That is an aspect I had not thought about. Now that you brought this up, I am sure that some of my players will ask for a vote to include satyrs...

dave2008

Legend
Scale. Sure, Tiamat's big, as is the Tarrasque. Ol' big G's larger though

The best scale thing I can find suggests Ghidorah towers over Tiamat and based on eyeballing it, Godzilla is twice Tiamat's size easy.
We know how big the various incarnations of Godzilla are (165' tall to 1000' tall depending on the version), but how big is Tiamat? In 5e there is no description other than her size Gargantuan. However, in 5e that just stands for anything bigger than Huge. however, the Tarrasque does provide a size in 5e: "...is fifty feet tall and seventy feet long,..." So, even the smallest version of Godzilla is 3x the size of the Tarrasque.

So what does this mean for people with point sticks. Well, the Big G is supposed to have very tough hide. So starting with a RL animal with tough skin, the whale shark, we get an estimate of the smallest G with a skin thickness in the 3' range and the largest with a skin thickness in the 16' range. So, your pointy stick fighter (or any other character really) is going to have a hard time getting that point stick to do much of anything.

Conversely, a 165' giant constructed like a scaled up human would only have skin 4" thick or so.

We know how big the various incarnations of Godzilla are (165' tall to 1000' tall depending on the version), but how big is Tiamat? In 5e there is no description other than her size Gargantuan. However, in 5e that just stands for anything bigger than Huge. however, the Tarrasque does provide a size in 5e: "...is fifty feet tall and seventy feet long,..." So, even the smallest version of Godzilla is 3x the size of the Tarrasque.

So what does this mean for people with point sticks. Well, the Big G is supposed to have very tough hide. So starting with a RL animal with tough skin, the whale shark, we get an estimate of the smallest G with a skin thickness in the 3' range and the largest with a skin thickness in the 16' range. So, your pointy stick fighter (or any other character really) is going to have a hard time getting that point stick to do much of anything.

Conversely, a 165' giant constructed like a scaled up human would only have skin 4" thick or so.

Its fighting beings (high-epic level PC's) who routinely take down Demon lords, demi-gods and worse.

Iron Golems are made out of... well Iron, and they were beating them to death with bare hands 15 levels ago!

Remove ads

Remove ads