• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X4: Master of the Desert Nomads - IC

renau1g

First Post
kinem said:
At Rajah's comment, the man is startled, and for the first time he seems to take a long hard look at the necromancer.

Looking to Rajah he continues "I want no part of your black magics. If you can bring him back to life that would be great, but you don't look like no holy father to me, sir.

Anyway, might be Horrat was the lucky one. He died an honorable death, cut down in battle in defense of the village. I'm sure he'll find a place among the spirits of our honored dead."

Rajah puts his hands up in defense at the comment by the guide. "My good sir, I merely meant to ask if there were any questions you had for your brother before he moved on. I have the power to speak to the dead and just wanted to make sure there wasn't any unfinished business between you and him. I wouldn't dream of anything else, my good man. I am sorry for the misunderstanding, but I won't hold you up any longer, enjoy the fish. " After he says his piece Rajah walks away shoulders even a little more hunched, realizing again that good things just don't happen to him, even his attempts to help people come with disappointment.

Rhun

First Post
As the guide closes the door, Aram can only look on with a bemused smile and shrug his shoulders. "I suppose we should go talk to this mad hermit. He can't be any less helpful than this fellow was."

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin, Dwarf Rogue2/Wizard(Enchanter)6

"That sounds like an excellent idea, all things considered. How do we set about finding him? I would imagine that he will find us if he wishes." Bevin shrugs.

Jemal

Adventurer
"Just follow your ears, My friends" Nargon jerks his head in the direction of the earlier scream "If a madman is all that difficult to find for a group of experienced warriors, then perhaps it is time to retire."

kinem

Adventurer
The river guide sighs in relief as he closes the door. Orcs, barbaric desert warriors and dark wizards. And that's just what's on our side.

The sun hangs low and red in the sky as night begins to fall. It is not hard to find the madman's hut, on the western edge of the town, away from the river. You've heard the screams and the other soldiers' talk, though your scouting duties outside of town and other duties had kept you too busy to check it out until now. The hut is small even by local standards and streaked with dirt.

The wooden door to the hut seems crooked, almost ready to fall off the wooden hinges. You knock gently, to avoid hurrying that process too rapidly.

After a long moment, the door swings open. A man with wild, long hair sees you and shouts "Gah!!!" He quickly closes and latches the door.

You are about to turn away when the door swings open once again. The man with wild hair and a strange gleam in his eyes begins to laugh. "Heh heh. Heh heh heh heh!"

He wears a long tattered brown shirt, brown pants, and no shoes. He appears unarmed although his shirt has a bulge in it that could indicate a dagger concealed underneath.

renau1g

First Post
"It appears that we share a similar taste in clothing my good sir. Perhaps you can tell me who your tailor is?" Rajah says indicating his own garb.

Leif

Adventurer

OOC: Bevin stands near Rajah and makes a cold, honest assessment of the madman. Honestly, does Bevin think he could take him if push came to shove? :)

kinem

Adventurer
The madman giggles and moves to put his arm around Rajah. (ooc: If you wish to avoid this, let me know.)

To Rajah he says "Oh, I like you, my pretty. Yes, Yes. Tailor I am."

As far as Bevin can tell, the madman would not make much of a warrior. He seems thin, perhaps even malnourished, not muscular, and seems to move without much grace. Although, a skilled warrior could be able to feign that kind of gracelessness, if he wished.

Rhun

First Post
At Rajah's comment, Aram can't help but chuckle. "My friend," says the dervish, speaking to the hermit, "how do you fare this fine afternoon? We come seeking information. Perhaps you can provide us with some aid?"

Leif

Adventurer

"Well.......let's see now.......isn't it getting to be about time to eat?" And speaking to the "madman," "Perhaps you would care to join us for a quick bite?"

Remove ads