• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X4: Master of the Desert Nomads - IC

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Rajah wouldn't care for this sort of affection, but if it helps gather more information he's willing to put his own misgivings aside and play along. [/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
The hermit withdraws from Rajah and faces Aram, now with a distant look in his eyes. "Seeking seeing. Beware" he intones. "The eyes of those not near can see. Hah hah aha!"

He turns around - literally turning in a complete circle - and comes to face Bevin. "Us for a bite? How do you know about that? I won't let you!"

Quickly he pulls a dirty dagger out from under his shirt and lunges with the blade towards Bevin! "AARG!" he screams!

ooc:
Combat sequence groups:
1) Aram, Rajah
2) madman
3) All PCs (Bevin, Girgal, Aram, Rajah, Nargon)

ooc: He is in the middle of the group. I don't think we really need a tactical map at this point.

Rhun

First Post
Seeing the hermit reach for the weapon, Aram reacts quickly to the threat, his curved desert swords leaping into his hands as he steps between Bevin and the madman...

Aram will try to get between the madman and Bevin, and will attempt to disarm the madman. This provokes as AoO from the hermit (since Aram does not have improved disarm. Opposed attack roll: Scimitar +12 (the hermit's dagger will be at -4 due to being a light weapon)

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Bevin Dwarf Rogue2/Wizard6

OOC: Do I understand you correctly that I am not suppposed to post an action yet until it is atually my turn, and that if I fail to post an action in that very narrow window of time, I may lose my action altogether? That seems harsh, but that is the way I remember your explanation.

If, on the other hand, I can post an action for Bevin to be taken later in the round, on his normal turn, then he will cast flare on the hermit, if the situation is still dangerous. (Fort Save, DC 13) If your ruling stands as stated above, then please disregard this entire message, and I hope I look in on the game at the right time!

kinem

Adventurer
[OOC: You can't lose your action (unless days pass and I decide to step in as DM and act for you).

There is no narrow window to worry about, but you shouldn't generally post an action until the group you are in can act. When your group acts, the order in which you act depends on when you post. Thus if all 4 of the other PCs post before you do, their actions will take effect before yours. Then when you post, your actions will take effect. Then the NPCs would get to act again, etc.

Bevin is listed first in my group 3 list because that's the order they are in the Rogues' Gallery, not because of his initiative. All group members are on the same footing.]

Aram attempts to disarm the madman with a swipe of his scimitar. The madman attempts to poke the dagger at Aram before he can, but it is a clumsy thrust and Aram easily evades it. Aram skillfully knocks the dagger from the madman's hand, and it clangs to the earth.

(ooc: Remaining to act in group 1: Rajah)

renau1g

First Post
Rajah sees the hermit moving towards the dwarf and takes in the comments by the madman in a moment. His mind races through the list of available methods to immobilize this threat and then it clicks. Rajah takes a step back and begins weaving his wirey arms through a series of complex gestures, while speaking the words of dark power and pulling out of his pouch a pinch of sulfur and powdered garlic. As he finishes his spell Rajah yells "Hold creature, do not come any closer!"

[sblock=Actions] 5' step away from the hermit, casts Halt Undead (Hopefully he guessed right, otherwise wasting an action)
Also, activating his Fear Aura as a free action Will save DC19 or become shaken
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Nargon heaves another sigh as the combat ensues. This man is quite obviously not worth his time, the others should be capable of dealing with it quite handily. But then again, why not save time? With a shrug, he flings the spiked chain out to crack into the back of the mans skull, hoping to drop him without killing him.

[sblock=combat]
-4 attack for Subdual damage.Attack bonus +11/+6, damage 2d4+11.
**EDIT: If the halt undead spell seems to work, I won't take the -4 attack to deal subdual**[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 59/59, F +11,R+8,W+13

Seeing the successful disarm, Girgal and Ripclaw are taking some steps back. For now.

If the madman starts to show strange and dangerous powers, Girgal is ready to cast a spell and let Ripclaw pounce.

kinem

Adventurer
(ooc: I would prefer if you wait for your group's turn, as events may otherwise overtake your stated course of action.)

The madman halts for a moment at Rajah's command, then giggles. Whether living or undead, he seems to have shrugged off the magical effects the necromancer is targeting him with.

"Good idea my friend! I'll hold him!" the madman shouts as he lunges to grab Aram.

(ooc: Rhun, Aram can take an attack of opportunity at the madman. Do you wish to do so?)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads