• Tom Welling

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Tyler Hoechlin

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other thing that I forgot

Votes: 2 2.2%

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I dunno. Teri Hatcher, who can be exhausting in nearly everything else (well, other than Seinfeld), was pretty great as well.
I agree she got the sassy, hard-nosed, pulitzer prize winning reporter downpat, even inside the rom-com style show. Margot Kidder did too, but her clumsy, goofy side was a bit distracting.
Also a nod to Phyllis Coates from the early b&w serials

MarkB

Legend
I agree she got the sassy, hard-nosed, pulitzer prize winning reporter downpat, even inside the rom-com style show. Margot Kidder did too, but her clumsy, goofy side was a bit distracting.
Also a nod to Phyllis Coates from the early b&w serials
Kidder is good, but in the way she's portrayed she really takes peril-friendliness to an extreme. It feels like she wouldn't last three days in a world where Superman didn't exist.

200w.gif
This whole movie... what could've been. I always love going back and listening to Kevin Smith tell this story on An Evening with Kevin Smith.

What could go wrong on a movie where the writing was being guided by a man who started out as Barbara Streisand's hairdresser? I think the three rules were: Superman can't fly in the movie. The suit had to go, because it was too... I won't use the slur Peters used, but it's the one you're probably now thinking of. And, third, Superman has to fight a spider in Act III. ... at least Smith changed it in the script to a Thanagarian Snare Beast.

It's worth noting, Peters did at least get his Act III spider fight in a movie: Wild Wild West.

Remove ads