[PBP] Tholestia Chapter 1: Minotaur trouble and a failed ambush

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
This is a continuation of a RL life tabletop game as a PbP, due to the DM (me) leaving the country for considerable time. Hence I will not accept any applicants, but you are more than welcome to read.

Since I trust you about as far as I can throw the Palace Pier, *I* will be doing the die rolls.

Post clearly and completely.
Don't post "Conan Attacks"
Post "Conan moves to the closest Orc, trying to set himself up for a cleave attempt, and attacks it with his greatsword. He now has +13 to hit and does 2d6+8 damage due to the prayer spell cast by Cedric the Cleric previous round. He also tries to get some cover between him and the Orisch archers. if this means he dosn't get an opportunity to use his cleave feat, so be it."

Moves will be every 24 hours. If you haven't made your intentions clear within 24 hours of my last post, I will try and move the game along in the best way I can.

Post In Character exclamations in "quotation marks"
Post Actions etc (such as DW7 casts Whitefire") in Italics.
Post Out Of Character stuff between (parentheses)

Several useful links.
Irony die roller:
http://www.irony.com/igroll.html
The System Reference Document:
http://www.opengamingfoundation.org/srd.html
My campaign site:
http://members.lycos.co.uk/tholestia/
A Greyhawk Calendar (AmE calender?)
http://www.upl.cs.wisc.edu/~chaos/frr/game/calender.html

DM Rav

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Description of the scene

The astral construct jumps through the teleportation portal with a charred body in it's arms. As soon as the construct is through, and it is certain that Talian will not be following it, Deepwinter 7, carrier of the psionic staff of Reldar, closes the gate by removing the gems that act as keys. Out of the 5 adventurers, only Ilan the Elvish Archer and Deepwinter 7, the relatively unknown shaper, remain after the unfortunate expedition through the portal.

The portal closes, leaving the 80' by 60' room lit merely by Veit's magical Light Mace. The light mace somehow survived the column of divine fire, brought forth by a cleric of Lolth. Veit, sorcerer from the desert lands on the other side of the massive mountain range so close from here, was not so lucky. It is his body that falls to the ground after Deepwinter 7's Astral Construct expires.

Of course, neither Deepwinter 7 nor Ilan will ever know why Talian, renowned Elven bladesinger, did not make it through the portal. As soon as Talian went for the gate, right after making one more attack at the Drow swordsman he was battling, that very same swordsman managed to trip him. The same Drow Cleric that turned Veit and Shanelda into burned husks moved in to cast a Slay Living spell, thereby finishing off the gracious elven swordsman.

(Okay, Deepwinter 7, you've taken the +1 ring of protection from Veit's body. Ilan, Deepwinter 7, what's next? The rest - the sooner you mail me those character concepts people, the sooner the four of you can join the party - or the sooner Deepwinter 7 and Ilan can join yours. I need some backgrounds as well - I'll mail each of you a checklist for those of you who are low on inspiration)

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
takew said:
Btw i allready send you my character.
I thought you could delete posts, but I was mistaken, you can't. Nevertheless, it has been solved satisfactorily. I do not have your character in the format I require. (see webpage)

Sullaf

First Post
As the sun rises over the mountains, Sir Ronald the second of the House Goldsteel looks down over the city of Delarom from the hilltop. Although the panorama is magnificent, he looks worried. After he taps his horse gently on the back, the horse begins to walk at a slow passe. "A little faster, Simba" the man whispers. He remembers a small phrase from the Holy Writings he has studied for so long:"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. "

Behind him appears a second man. Roland sets aside his thoughts to address his companion: "It's only a few more miles Tristan. Heironeous has once again guided us during our travels. Blessed be his name." Silently his companion nods. They look out over the city. Then Tristan begins to walk. Roland follows him with his eyes and once again his thoughts begin to take over. Whilst pondering, his horse carries him over the hill top out of sight of a nearby farmer, who gloomily shakes his head and proceeds with his work.

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
it is Moonday, Harvester 24. (Note, a calendar can be found here )

As Tristan and Roland Goldsteel II approach the gates of Delarom through the wheatfields, they pass several merchants getting ready to sell their goods at the Brewfest festival, which will be in 5 days from today.

Their travelling companions should already be in the Crusaders Arms, since they had no need to join Tristan and Roland on their pilgrimage to the temple of Heironeous in the City of Gesmill.

Remove ads